advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Witchhunter tossed onto her own pyre....
Posted by: max
Date: February 11, 2018 04:38PM
Just like the operators of the revolutionary guillotine finding their own necks under the same knife they so wildly applied to all...

SACRAMENTO — Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, one of the most prominent voices for women’s rights in the California legislature, has been accused of groping a young legislative staffer in 2014.

The former staffer, Daniel Fierro of Cerritos, told ... that Garcia, D-Bell Gardens, cornered him after the annual Assembly softball game while he was cleaning up the dugout. He said Garcia, who appeared to be drunk, stroked his back, squeezed his buttocks and tried to grope him before he was able to leave the situation....
The allegations rocked the Capitol, which for months has been grappling with a movement to stamp out a culture permissive of inappropriate sexual behavior — often acts perpetrated by powerful men against junior female staffers and lobbyists.....

It’s kind of a Greek tragedy that they’re taken down by the exact kinds of allegations that they’re fighting against.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Witchhunter tossed onto her own pyre....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 11, 2018 06:31PM
It's two men accusing her now.

Apparently, she isn't at her best with a few drinks in her.

Interesting how she's dealing with it: Following the very procedures that she was trying to push through in the legislature. Voluntarily escalated it to an investigatory committee. And also took an unpaid leave of absence for the duration of the investigation.

“Every complaint about sexual harassment should be taken seriously and I will participate fully in any investigation that takes place,” said Garcia in a statement sent to reporters in response to inquiries Thursday. “The details of these claims have never been brought to my attention until today. I can confirm that I did attend the 2014 legislative softball game with a number of members and my staff. I can also say I have zero recollection of engaging in inappropriate behavior and such behavior is inconsistent with my values.”

Posted by: Acer
Date: February 11, 2018 08:48PM
I thought the joke about witch hunts is that they didn't find any real witches. Is the OP suggesting the charges here are false?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 11, 2018 10:19PM
Acer,

The joke is that witch hunts and revolutions (hence the guillotine reference) always eat their own, sooner or later.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: February 12, 2018 10:08AM
I would like to meet her.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 12, 2018 10:51AM
Kraniac
I would like to meet her.
You're probably not young / studly enough to attract her attention.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015