advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This is when and how "Black Lives Matter" is wrong.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 10, 2018 09:45AM
Ah no just kidding. Here's the best thing you'll read in a very long while:

[www.pajiba.com]

And I don't have the link, but the counterpart to this is an article about how using reason and logic only drives some people away even further.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is when and how "Black Lives Matter" is wrong.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 10, 2018 09:50AM
Impressive. Avoid the comments unless you're ready to eat hate for brunch.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: March 10, 2018 10:11AM
rjmacs
Impressive. Avoid the comments unless you're ready to eat hate for brunch.

Each week I'm thisclose to quitting Facebook for the same reason. I have a few friends I'm OK with in person but they'll post some nonsense I cannot abide by. Regarding BLM, one friend-of-a-friend actually said Colin Kaepernick was a narcissist.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 10, 2018 12:41PM
Kaepernick has donated $1 million of his own money to charities since he was released from the NFL. I'll bet that's more than 45 has.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 10, 2018 03:18PM
Far too many people who heard the phrase “Black lives matter” understood it to mean “Black lives matter more than white people’s lives.” Of course, these are the same people who vehemently claim that they don’t have a racist bone in their body.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 10, 2018 03:26PM
Ammo
Far too many people who heard the phrase “Black lives matter” understood it to mean “Black lives matter more than white people’s lives.” Of course, these are the same people who vehemently claim that they don’t have a racist bone in their body.

They knowingly chose to purport that it meant anything other than what it did to fit their various agendas. And where did they get their marching orders?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 10, 2018 06:04PM
Pam
Ammo

They knowingly chose to purport that it meant anything other than what it did to fit their various agendas. And where did they get their marching orders?

This

Purposeful misunderstanding

Posted by: max
Date: March 10, 2018 08:00PM
Pam

Absolutely, dem Russians are everywhere....
Date: March 10, 2018 08:01PM
"Marching orders" (strong conservatism) are set at a young age (as is progressivism). The rest, such as tuning in to hate radio and hate TV, just add fuel to the fire. I'm saying Fox and Hannity/Limbaugh don't create these people.
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 10, 2018 10:58PM
Black Lives Matter was specifically targeted by the Russians in order to peel off Black millennials with lie after lie about Clinton. Colin Kaepernick, asserted that Clinton and Trump we're the same thing and that Hillary should be in prison.

He's taking knees over Black Lives but chose to trash the single candidate with a comprehensive plan to battle police brutality supported strongly by the very mother's of those slain Black men and boys. He helped put Trump and Sessions in power with their grand plan to implement National Stop and Frisk.

Then, the mfer didn't even vote. Memories are short as hell. But not mine and I keep score.
Posted by: gabester
Date: March 10, 2018 11:21PM
vision63
Then, the mfer didn't even vote. Memories are short as hell. But not mine and I keep score.

Vision's Life Matters!

Seriously, take 'em over, the MRF supports you.
g=
Date: March 11, 2018 09:43AM
Filliam H. Muffman
Kaepernick has donated $1 million of his own money to charities since he was released from fired for being Black by the NFL. I'll bet that's more than 45 has.

FTFY

rj
AKA
Date: March 11, 2018 10:00AM
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman
Kaepernick has donated $1 million of his own money to charities since he was released from fired for being Black by the NFL. I'll bet that's more than 45 has.

FTFY

Not trying to defend the NFL, but since the majority of players in the NFL are African American, your fix implies that they aren't "Black." Kaepernick doesn't have a job due to a combination of the disruptive nature of his protest, cops killing Black people don't rank above their business, and the fact that Kaepernick hasn't been very good the past few years. If Kaepernick was Russell Wilson, he'd be playing for some team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 10:00AM by vision63.
Date: March 11, 2018 10:56AM
vision63
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman

FTFY

Not trying to defend the NFL, but since the majority of players in the NFL are African American, your fix implies that they aren't "Black." Kaepernick doesn't have a job due to a combination of the disruptive nature of his protest, cops killing Black people don't rank above their business, and the fact that Kaepernick hasn't been very good the past few years. If Kaepernick was Russell Wilson, he'd be playing for some team.

You are never ever ever ever ever going to convince me that the NFL would have fired Colin Kaepernick if he'd been white and doing exactly the same thing (kneeling to protest the brutal treatment of Black men by the police). Nope. Nopers. Nyet. Nein. Never gonna happen.

rj
AKA
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 11, 2018 11:22AM
Players may be disproportionately black, but NFL management is still mostly white.
Date: March 11, 2018 01:35PM
rjmacs
vision63
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman

FTFY

You are never ever ever ever ever going to convince me that the NFL would have fired Colin Kaepernick if he'd been white and doing exactly the same thing (kneeling to protest the brutal treatment of Black men by the police). Nope. Nopers. Nyet. Nein. Never gonna happen.

Maybe not but so what my beautiful friend? Is it a surprise to someone like me that we live in a racist country? No. Kaepernick is young and does have skills, but he had a couple of disasterous seasons where he played very badly. That didn't help at all. Harbough changed him from a pistol QB to more of a pocket QB which left him hanging after the 49ers fired Harbough and he suffered. I stand by the Russell Wilson comparison. Not all NFL teams were down on him. The 49ers strongly supported his protest and so did the Seahawks. They didn't need him though. Jerry Jones is a grand manipulator and I suspect he was behind the collusion.

What Kaepernick really lacks is the approval of the silent majority of Black people that aren't kids and that actually vote (and are essentially pragmatists). There is a whole lot of people like me. We don't like losing. Black people generally don't call out other black people in public and will punish those that do. It is what it is.

When people call the NFL racist, we say, "what isn't?" To us, it's not about who likes you, it's all about who can stop you? The whole point of the civil Rights movement was removing tacit power from racists. We're still just inches away from that movement that we won. We will eventually overtake and own the NFL, you'll see and not because of Kaepernick, but because there ain't no stopping us, especially when we have strong friends like you and JoeH and FHM etc.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 11, 2018 01:35PM
I don't know what his price was, probably too high, but if Kaepernick wanted work certainly there was a team that could use him. The Browns for example could not have possibly done worse. He may be past his prime, but there's a plethora of third-stringers he could have bested if his play were the only criterion. Do we know if any team made an offer, even a low-ball one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 01:38PM by Acer.
Date: March 11, 2018 01:37PM
Acer
I don't know what his price was, probably too high, but if Kaepernick wanted work certainly there was a team that could use him. The Browns for example could not have possibly done worse. He may be past his prime, but there's a plethora of third-stringers he could have bested if his play were the only criterion.

This is true. Some feared a circus too. Not by him but media, remember they just had a circus with Manziel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2018 01:38PM by vision63.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 11, 2018 01:46PM
Yes, the Browns have a lot of other baggage, of course. I'll bet the Eagles gave him more than a passing thought as a backup when Wentz went down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018