advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Stormy Daniels offers a refund.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 12, 2018 12:34PM
[www.usatoday.com]

Could be a mistake, or an indication she has no case, if giving the money back "allows" her to speak freely ... which would negate her stance that it's Trump that "allows" her to speak freely (given that he didn't sign the agreement.)

Could be brilliant, since giving the refund further proves where and why the money was given to begin with! The assumption here is that she would not even have to "speak freely" about the situation since the exchange of money tells enough of the tale.

But the upcoming 60 Minutes interview throws a wrinkle into this. It's a little harder to imagine she'd be as coy with them as she was with the Kimmel, but if that interview is already in the bag, what does any refund to Trump represent? The story reads as if Daniels is afraid the interview might not air and that the offer of a refund is to help guarantee against censure.

And what about any of it could/would influence whatever the heck CBS does?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Stormy Daniels offers a refund.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 12, 2018 12:36PM
Backside of the check contains the following words in really fine print.
"Cashing this check means you agree that the NDA of 2006 is null and void, and further than the original payment was made illegally through the Trump campaign organization."

Mu ha ha ha..
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 12, 2018 01:04PM
Lawyer said many 1M for one fappearance=1M someone else pays. Then she gives back Trump payment so..hopefully all is legal.
Date: March 12, 2018 01:29PM
samintx
... fappearance ...

Totally quoting this before Newt has the chance.

"Alex, I'll take FAPPEARANCE for $130,000, please."

"Question: What is an adult film star's performance?"
Posted by: hal
Date: March 12, 2018 01:53PM
I am so sick of this woman! Her lawyer says that it's not about the money, it's about 'the TRUTH!'

Yeah, that explains why she accepted the money in the first place. I don't understand why Trump would need to sign a document that says that she is to hush up about a certain incident for $130000. 'Do you agree to keep quiet in exchange for $130000? -yes- Then sign here.' Why is Trump needed?

It's all about staying in the news and getting a bigger paycheck.

This woman willingly had sex with Trump (YUCK!!!)

I can't wait until her 15min is over - I just hope it's worth it and all of this actually helps us be rid of Trump sooner.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 12, 2018 01:58PM
hal
I don't understand why Trump would need to sign a document that says that she is to hush up about a certain incident for $130000. 'Do you agree to keep quiet in exchange for $130000? -yes- Then sign here.' Why is Trump needed?

and thus lies the problem Trump's own lawyers created in the first place. they created a space on the NDA for Trump's signature. he never signed. you're right, he didn't need to be on the document at all but apparently his lawyers are as dumb as he is.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: March 12, 2018 02:03PM
I agree she's a blatant opportunist. Unfortunately that doesn't mean she's a liar.

What's ironic is that Trump never would have cared in the least is she had spoken earlier (no monies paid) ... except she wanted to bombshell it right before the election, when Trump rightly thought it could hurt him.

Here's the thing: She may be as smug as Trump in all of this, but from a character/motivational aspect, the only thing that matters is how and why she's being pressured by him today. Don't let whatever she does distract you from what he's doing-but-not-saying.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 12, 2018 09:02PM
To me the offer of a refund only means that they have an offer for more money for an exclusive on a new story (and possibly copies of images president 'short fingers' sent to her).

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 13, 2018 06:26AM
I'll spend the rest of my life raising $2M if it will suppress any nude images of our president.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2018 07:29AM
....but think about where the money has been this entire time.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: davester
Date: March 14, 2018 12:18AM
So a refund means that Trump is going to get his deposit back?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 14, 2018 04:04AM
davester
So a refund means that Trump is going to get his deposit back?

smiley-excited001

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015