advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
GOP Iowa Senate majority leader steps down
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 12, 2018 05:25PM
Why? Well, you know. Or I bet you can guess.

The majority leader of the Iowa Senate resigned Monday after a website published video and photos showing the married lawmaker kissing a statehouse lobbyist.

...Iowa Starting Line posted video and photos on Monday showing Dix and the woman sitting together at a Des Moines bar. The video shows the two kiss. The website said the incident was recorded March 1.

The woman was identified as a lobbyist for Iowa League of Cities, an organization that seeks to sway legislation at the state Capitol. She did not respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press.

I dunno. Maybe that's what lobbyists are expected to do in Iowa. Gives a whole new meaning to "kissing up".
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GOP Iowa Senate majority leader steps down
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 12, 2018 06:12PM
Oh. He was one of those "family values" guys:

The 18-year legislative veteran is married with three children, according to his statehouse biography.

Dix co-sponsored a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and woman.

“I not only sponsored and voted for this amendment, but I was a leader who helped shepard (sic) this amendment through the Iowa House,” Dix boasted in 2006, when he ran unsuccessfully for Iowa’s 1st Congressional District seat. “Liberal activist judges are threatening our family values and you can count on me to be a leader in Congress who will stand up to them and work to pass this amendment to the United States Constitution.”

To be fair, he didn't specifically say which family value he was talking about. Maybe he was just trying to start a new family?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 12, 2018 09:09PM
"Family Values" seems to mean having the the public opinion that using birth control is wrong, unless you are having relations with someone that isn't your wife.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 12, 2018 09:43PM
Love those corn-fed Iowans.

A better subject might be: GOP Iowa Senate majority leader goes down

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 12:56AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 13, 2018 04:10AM
Speedy
Love those corn-fed Iowans.

A better subject might be: GOP Iowa Senate majority leader goes down

You're verging in Newt's territory...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 13, 2018 07:44AM
Just remember the latest evangelical mantra - "God has forgiven him (if he is a Republican)".

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018