advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Welcome to Act V
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 13, 2018 09:29AM
Welcome to Act V.

Ya know, last night I was thinking that maybe I should post a comment that things have gotten so nuts all we need is one more deed to provide the opening to Act V of this Trump mess.
So, my thanks to Rex Tillerson, who opened Act IV when the news came out that he had called trump "a F***ing Moron". Sexy Rexy closes out 4 AND intros 5 by leaving the stage.

Things could get really ugly. A horrific Act V has begun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 09:29AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Welcome to Act V
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 13, 2018 09:35AM
The Madness of King Donnie...
Date: March 13, 2018 09:40AM
cbelt3
The Madness of King Donnie...
You got it.

However, if you include the hundreds of treasonous Republicans in Congress, it's more like "The Plot Against America."
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 13, 2018 09:43AM
Did you catch 45's comment he almost has the Cabinet he wants (as he was boarding the helicopter) Who is next? McMasters? I bet altho the VA guy should go, VOS and Carson.

Anyone hear a peep from Texas' own: RICK PERRY? silent since appointed.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 13, 2018 10:04AM
If I were Jeff Sessions I'd hire a food taster. And a lot of bodyguards.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 13, 2018 10:37AM
Lemon Drop
If I were Jeff Sessions I'd hire a food taster. And a lot of bodyguards.

and definitely avoid Russian Dressing as he tosses his salad.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: hal
Date: March 13, 2018 03:28PM
samintx
Anyone hear a peep from Texas' own: RICK PERRY? silent since appointed.

Good question - no, not a peep out of him. Is he still alive?
Date: March 13, 2018 03:41PM
As a matter of fact Rick Perry was recently in Saudi Arabia trying to figure out how to give Saudi Arabia nuclear reactors. He's "king 'o the nukes" in case you forgot.

Feb 27, 2018
[www.japantimes.co.jp]
(AP) WASHINGTON – The Trump administration is opening talks with Saudi Arabia on a potentially lucrative atomic energy agreement that’s inextricably linked to an Obama-era nuclear deal with Iran. At stake: Billions of dollars in contracts for U.S. companies and bigger questions about America’s ability to keep friend and foe alike from reaching nuclear weapons capability.

Energy Secretary Rick Perry will lead an interagency U.S. delegation to talks with the Saudis in London on Friday, two administration officials and three outside advisers said. The meeting comes as the Arab powerhouse explores a civilian nuclear energy program, possibly without the restrictions on uranium enrichment and reprocessing that would be required under a U.S. cooperation deal.

But there’s a catch. The Saudis have indicated they might accept such curbs if a separate nuclear deal with its arch-foe Iran is tightened, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

The separate negotiations, over Saudi and Iranian nuclear capabilities, put American officials in the middle of the great balance-of-power of the modern Middle East. The Saudis are loath to sign away their ability to move closer to bomb-making capability while Iran is bound by a 2015 nuclear accord that will become increasingly lenient next decade.

When President Barack Obama blessed the nuclear compromise with Tehran, his officials insisted they weren’t weakening nonproliferation standards for everyone else. But maintaining that difficult position has fallen to President Donald Trump. And the Saudis, among his closest allies, are now asking a simple question: If Iran can enrich, why can’t we?

“Our objective is we want to have the same rights as other countries,” Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said this month at a security conference in Munich.

At issue on Perry’s trip is what’s known as a “123 agreement.” Without one, U.S. nuclear energy firms like Westinghouse would lose out on business opportunities with the Saudis. American officials and outside advisers said the Saudis have dangled the prospect of such contracts if new restrictions are imposed on Iran’s nuclear activity.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 13, 2018 05:17PM
Sounds like a Westinghouse corporate welfare trip.

On March 29, 2017...Westinghouse filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, citing a yearly loss ...that could exceed $9 billion, almost three times its previous estimate.[26][6] The Wall Street Journal reported that four nuclear reactors being built in the southeastern U.S. would be left to an unknown fate.[27] The U.S. government had given $8.3 billion of loan guarantees on the financing of the four nuclear reactors being built in the U.S.[6]

The two in South Carolina were put out of their misery. The two in Georgia are still on life support, largely funded by the higher current and future energy bills of the good folks of the Peach State.

Also, Westinghouse was actually a part of Toshiba before the former declared bankruptcy. I dunno what it is now. But Perry's been working awfully hard lately to bail out what was a Japanese nuke company.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 16, 2018 06:24PM
Still 100% owned by Toshiba. Westinghouse Electric Company is one division of the original Westinghouse Electric Corporation that was sold off during the '90's, and is licensed to continue using the Westinghouse name. The original Westinghouse had acquired CBS, and reorganized itself into becoming a media company currently doing business as CBS Corporation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015