advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Annals Of The Police State.....
Posted by: max
Date: March 13, 2018 06:17PM

New CIA Director Helped Oversee Controversial Torture Program
...chosen Deputy CIA Director Gina Haspel to run the agency ... legacy is marked by her time in charge of one of the CIA’s most controversial programs to boot ? the torture of terror suspects in the early fight against al Qaeda.

Working as a clandestine officer in Thailand in 2002, Haspel reportedly was involved in the interrogations of two suspects, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, several news outlets reported last year. The methods used against the men included waterboarding Abu Zubaydah 83 times in one month, to the point where doctors once had to revive him, and ramming his head into walls. He lost sight in one eye.

The torture sessions were videotaped, and Haspel also allegedly played a part in the tapes’ destruction in 2005. The CIA has disputed this, saying the decision fell to Haspel’s boss at the time, Jose Rodriguez.

CIA agents tortured terror suspects in black sites across the globe ...

“Well, I have spent some time with her, we’ve had dinner together, we have talked ... everything I know is, is that she has been a good deputy director of the CIA,” Feinstein said. “I think hopefully the entire organization learned something from the so-called enhanced interrogation program. I think it’s something that can’t be forgotten. And I certainly can never forget it. And I won’t let any director forget it.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 06:19PM by max.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Annals Of The Police State.....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 13, 2018 06:23PM
Haspel will be fine as long as she doesn't visit a country that honors the Geneva Conventions.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Annals Of The Police State.....
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: March 13, 2018 08:25PM
Pretty sure she's subject to arrest in a number of countries...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018