advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Watch for changes in Post Office
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 13, 2018 05:30AM
Executive order from 45. Mnunchin has 120 days to give recommendations. Hello Pony Express.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Watch for changes in Post Office
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 13, 2018 08:24AM
He doesn't actually have much authority to do anything about the USPS, but this is part of the Bannonites' effort to dismantle the infrastructure of 'big government,' in this case by destroying the postal service.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 13, 2018 08:26AM
Right. Let's screw with the largest postal service in the world, over 600,000 jobs, income far in excess of Donnie's total theoretical wealth. Just because Jeff Bezos' newspaper has hurt the President's feelings ?

IMPEACH THIS ORANGE TODDLER NOW.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 13, 2018 09:13AM
I don't think he has the power to mess up the USPS more than Congress did with raiding the pension fund.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 13, 2018 01:38PM
Oh fer gawd's sake.

I thought Trump was smarter than anybody and he knew just how to solve all problems with his immense "common sense". Now he's thrashing about, assigning underlings to do "top-to-bottom reviews" and find the one true solution to any and all problems with the USPS, and welfare, and God knows what else.

This is almost sad to watch.
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 13, 2018 05:08PM
cbelt3
Right. Let's screw with the largest postal service in the world, over 600,000 jobs, income far in excess of Donnie's total theoretical wealth. Just because Jeff Bezos' newspaper has hurt the President's feelings ?

The losses in the PO is the pensions. I pray 45 isn't going to cut pensions or we will will have no PO. It is all up to Mnunchins 120 day report.
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 13, 2018 05:13PM
samintx
cbelt3

The losses in the PO is the pensions. I pray 45 isn't going to cut pensions or we will will have no PO. It is all up to Mnunchins 120 day report.

They'll deal with it just like with taxes, lower the postage rates, especially for big businesses, and somehow that will increase revenue.
Date: April 14, 2018 09:48AM
samintx
cbelt3

This is not correct.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 14, 2018 12:03PM
He'll have his picture in all the post offices.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 16, 2018 09:25AM
rj,

The USPS doesn't need Trump, Bannon or any politician to destroy it. The USPS is quite capable of destroying itself and, based on my experiences with it over the last few years, the process is well underway.

Robert
Date: April 17, 2018 01:00PM
Robert M
rj,

The USPS doesn't need Trump, Bannon or any politician to destroy it. The USPS is quite capable of destroying itself and, based on my experiences with it over the last few years, the process is well underway.

Robert

Well, it's a good thing your experiences don't summarize the totality of the U.S. Postal Service, which remains one of the most effective and efficient postal delivery organizations on the globe. If you want to indulge in a whinefest about how things used to be better, but now they suck, feel free. The USPS is solvent and adapting nonetheless.

rj
AKA
Date: April 17, 2018 05:22PM
rj,

Adapting? Sure. For the worse. Effective and efficient? In other areas but not mine. If you want to call my complaints whining, go ahead. I really don't care. The fact of the matter is the incredibly horrible service in my area is one of the key reasons my company and I personally do as little as possible with the USPS these days. I'd be thrilled if I could do away with it entirely but that option doesn't exist. Yet. I look forward to the day when it's viable.

Robert
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 17, 2018 06:06PM
rjmacs
... the U.S. Postal Service... remains one of the most effective and efficient postal delivery organizations on the globe.

Citation?

(That may be correct; would just like to see the source/data.)
Date: April 17, 2018 06:26PM
Deusx,

I'd love to see source/data not that it would matter. I could write a full page list of the issues I have with the two post offices that are local to my office and home. And, it's not getting better. Not one bit. RJ can say anything he wants about the post office but the fact of the matter is the ones that are local to me aren't good enough to call crappytacular. In fact, calling them craptacular would actually be a compliment. An appropriate and accurate description would get censored by the forum software.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 194
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015