advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Comey tidbit re: Obama
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 13, 2018 01:54PM
From Politico:

Comey admits that he did not vote for Obama, and financially supported his opponents, but writes glowingly of the Obama he came to know, describing him as “an extraordinary listener” and a man of kindness and intellect.

“I had developed great respect for him as a leader and a person,” Comey writes

...One central scene comes after the 2016 election, when Obama asks to speak with Comey privately after a White House meeting. Comey writes that he felt he had become something of a pariah at the White House, and that some there disdained him for his handling of the email investigation late in the election.

“I picked you to be FBI director because of your integrity and your ability,” Comey recalls Obama saying. “I want you to know that nothing – nothing – has happened in the last year to change my view.”

“Boy, were those words I needed to hear,” Comey writes. “I felt a wave of emotion, almost to the verge of tears.

In a passage that has ruffled feathers in White House, Comey adds: “I paused and then decided to add something. Maybe it was what I believe a large portion of the country was feeling. ‘Mr. President, my wife would kill me if I didn’t take the opportunity to thank you and to tell you how much I’m going to miss you.’ ...Unable to help myself, I added, ‘I dread the next four years, but in some ways, I feel more pressure to stay now.’”

Yeah, that didn't work out, but I gotta say, I miss him (Obama) too.

sad smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Comey tidbit re: Obama
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 13, 2018 02:06PM
From the same article:

[Trump tweeted:} “James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR. Virtually everyone in Washington thought he should be fired for the terrible job he did-until he was, in fact, fired. He leaked CLASSIFIED information, for which he should be prosecuted. He lied to Congress under OATH...He is a weak and untruthful slime ball who was, as time has proven, a terrible Director of the FBI. His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst ‘botch jobs’ of history. It was my great honor to fire James Comey!”

Kellyanne Conway, the counselor to the president, told reporters at the White House Friday morning that Comey was taking "unnecessary immature potshots" at Trump.

Yup, folks, that's a full level 3 unintended irony alert.

smiley-excited001
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 13, 2018 05:09PM
pdq
Yup, folks, that's a full level 3 unintended irony alert.

But that's okay, because we've been told that Trump hits back 10 times as hard, so uhm , that makes it okay because...uhhhh...reasons.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 13, 2018 09:41PM
Pres. Trump is a real cl ass act. Some people are presidential and some are thugs. Of course, the Deplorables see only a black man so, by definition, he is not presidential and is a thug.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 13, 2018 09:42PM
It's a good thing Pres. Trump can't read because he wouldn't like anything Dir. Comey wrote.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015