advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump's 10 minute war - it's on now!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 13, 2018 09:17PM
Trump Orders Strikes on Syria Over Suspected Chemical Weapons Attack

"A short time ago, I ordered the U.S. Armed Forces to launch precision strikes on targets associated with the chemical weapons capabilities of Syrian dictator, Bashar al-Assad," the president said from the White House.

"A combined operation with the armed forces of France and the United Kingdom is now under way," he continued.

Mr. Trump claimed the U.S. is "prepared to sustain" a response to curtail Syria until the Syrian regime stops using chemical weapons on its citizens, meaning this might not be the last use of military capabilities in Syria.

"We are prepared to sustain this response until the Syrian regime stops its use of prohibited chemical agents," Mr. Trump said.

The president also called out Iran and Russia, saying Syria would not have been able to carry out such an action if Russia had been a responsible nation. Russia has pledged to retaliate if the U.S. strikes Syria.

"I also have a message tonight for the two governments most responsible for supporting, equipping and financing the criminal Assad regime," Mr. Trump said. "To Iran and to Russia I ask: what kind of nations wants to be associated with the mass murder of innocent men, women and children? The nations of the world, can be judged by the friends they keep. No nation can succeed in the long run by promoting rogue states, brutal tyrants and murderous dictators."

"President Putin and his government promised the world that they would guarantee the elimination of Syria's chemical weapons," Mr. Trump continued. "Assad's recent attack and today's response are the direct result of Russia's failure to keep that promise. Russia must decide if it will continue down this dark path or if it will join with civilized nations as a force of stability and peace."

Or in other words, they are going to hit a few buildings which were vacated days ago and Assad, Putin, Iran and Hezbollah can just keep sending planes, troops and armor down the same paths they were last week.
To steal a phrase from the GOP---a Nothingburger.
Thanks Bone Spurs!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump's 10 minute war - it's on now!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 13, 2018 09:44PM
Friday night news dump.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2018 09:44PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 13, 2018 11:33PM
I would feel much better if it was conducted by someone who didn't sound like a 2nd grader reading his reading lesson.
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 14, 2018 06:03AM
Dennis S
I would feel much better if it was conducted by someone who didn't sound like a 2nd grader reading his reading lesson.

Does this man ever show real human feeling? He put on a grave face and yes, Dennis, read the teleprompter like a 2nd grader. So fake.

Guess we got rid of lots of Syrian empty buildings hamster dance
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 14, 2018 06:29AM
"It's a pageant!"

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 14, 2018 06:52AM
Russkies say the Syrians' missiles downed 70 of 103 U.S. missiles. Anybody believe them? Why?

random Reuters shot
'things fired at night'

Looking forward to updates of the greatest, amazing most beautiful victory

When's the parade?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 14, 2018 10:44AM
samintx
Dennis S

Does this man ever show real human feeling? He put on a grave face and yes, Dennis, read the teleprompter like a 2nd grader. So fake.

Did you catch "World War...................One"?
Posted by: max
Date: April 14, 2018 09:25PM
samintx
Dennis S

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 198
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015