advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Just caught this sign at site of Embassy..
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 12, 2018 03:16PM
I took a photo of it but on the site of workers putting up the new embassy is a sign saying

TRUMP IS A FRIEND OF ZION and another sign

TRUMP MAKE ISRAEL GREAT. (The word to or something else may have been covered up by smoke but you get the point. What president would do this?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just caught this sign at site of Embassy..
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 12, 2018 04:18PM
The move to Jerusalem turned out to be a nothingburger. Once the new embassy is built and then blown up, that will be a big deal.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 12, 2018 04:58PM
In reality it seems like both side agree - this is the Trump embassy to Israel.
Date: May 12, 2018 05:18PM
Will he be sellin hats there? MAKE ZION GREAT AGAIN......?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 12, 2018 05:34PM
samintx
Will he be sellin hats there? MAKE ZION GREAT AGAIN......?

He commercializes everything, so there will undoubtedly be MAGA hats sold on the premises.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 12, 2018 05:50PM
The (multiple) banners have been put up around the capital by the Friends of Zion, a American Christian group.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 12, 2018 11:00PM
Steve G.
The (multiple) banners have been put up around the capital by the Friends of Zion, a American Christian group.

Oh, that's interesting. The Christian right is feeling its oats, I guess. Here's another example:

[talkingpointsmemo.com]

Fox Host Jeanine Pirro says Donald Trump fulfilled biblical prophecy by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

[And then there is a 1 min. video you can click on where it shows her basically saying just that.]

I wonder how most Israelis feel about Onward Christian Soldiers! coming to fulfill their notion of a prophecy in the New Testament. Does Israel (at least the government of Israel) embracing them necessarily come along with embracing Trump? I suppose they will be diplomatic as possible without really overtly sanctioning the notions of many of the American Christian right. But it may take some deftness to pull it off without hitches. Deftness - one of the Trump administration's strengths.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 11:00PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 13, 2018 03:54AM
Ted King
Steve G.

Oh, that's interesting. The Christian right is feeling its oats, I guess. Here's another example:

[talkingpointsmemo.com]

Fox Host Jeanine Pirro says Donald Trump fulfilled biblical prophecy by moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

[And then there is a 1 min. video you can click on where it shows her basically saying just that.]

I wonder how most Israelis feel about Onward Christian Soldiers! coming to fulfill their notion of a prophecy in the New Testament. Does Israel (at least the government of Israel) embracing them necessarily come along with embracing Trump? I suppose they will be diplomatic as possible without really overtly sanctioning the notions of many of the American Christian right. But it may take some deftness to pull it off without hitches. Deftness - one of the Trump administration's strengths.

I don't think the Israelis understand how serious the American Christian right is that the next step toward the end-times will be the conversion of all the Jews to Christianity. I have no doubt that some of these "friends of Zion" will be willing force conversion if it is necessary to bring Jesus' second coming.
Date: May 13, 2018 07:36AM
Did ms Pirro say when the world was ending?
Posted by: max
Date: May 13, 2018 09:44AM
Speedy
The move to Jerusalem turned out to be a nothingburger.

That is pretty much it, all the dire predictions by wannabe be pundits predictably turned out to just that, a nothingburger.

We should have done it long time ago respecting historical reality.
Trump should get the credit for finally getting it done.
Then again, the Democratic ideologues cannot admit that Trump got something right where their exalted heroes facing exactly the same situation, not only failed them miserably, but actually sold them down the jihadi river....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Date: May 13, 2018 10:05AM
Janit

I don't think the Israelis understand how serious the American Christian right is that the next step toward the end-times will be the conversion of all the Jews to Christianity.
I think they have a very good idea. End-of-the-world-all-the-Jews-die Christianity has been around a very long time. Many Israelis, surrounded by murderous enemies and hostile UN and a foreign climate feel they are forced to take any political support they can find. Over the decades, they have been constantly warned to watch out for these guys. They have heard it.
As for the banners, Israel is a democratic country where free speech is tolerated, unlike all the other lands in the Middle East and much of Asia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2018 10:08AM by Steve G..
Date: May 13, 2018 10:05AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2018 10:07AM by Steve G..
Posted by: max
Date: May 13, 2018 10:22AM
bwahaha....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 273
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015