advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Do you agree with Sports gambling? It will create a new money source.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 15, 2018 07:38AM
"Legal sports betting will lead to a rush on new apps and services from tech startups and legacy media companies who will join traditional bookmakers and online betting sites, industry analysts tell me. The move will also create a whole new field of content around sports betting, including news, analysis and data analytics."

It will potentially create a new avenue of crime and unhappiness.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Do you agree with Sports gambling? It will create a new money source.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 15, 2018 07:45AM
The devil’s in the details. Crime and unhappiness surrounding gambling exist regardless. “In general,” regulating sins makes them safer.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2018 07:58AM
....another addiction that will destroy peoples lives......not that legalizing necessarily makes it happen more often......since those truly addicted will find a way......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2018 08:07AM
....I think they should just legalize MJ already......it will also provide source of income......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 15, 2018 08:23AM
Every time a ball is dropped, we'll wonder if the dropper had money riding on the outcome. Well, we wondered that before, but now it will be a thousand times worse because all 300 million of us will have bookies.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 15, 2018 09:29AM
NewtonMP2100
....I think they should just legalize MJ already......it will also provide source of income......

I don’t believe in drugs but this is inevitable and we should legalize and take the money and regulation.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 15, 2018 10:45AM
It's going to be especially hard on poor people, both because they are most at risk when gambling abuse is a problem, and also because state and local governments often promise that gambling taxes will pay for social programs, but that rarely pans out.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 15, 2018 11:48AM
Supposedly the States to enable it first will be the ones that supported New Jersey, but I couldn't easily find a list of those. Any state with tribal gambling is anticipated to have their legislatures authorize it within 5 years.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: hal
Date: May 15, 2018 12:21PM
This country's relationship with gambling is just insane!

IT'S ILLEGAL! (except Vegas and Atlantic City and then certain riverboats and Indian reservation land and then anywhere you could find a native American, then...)
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 15, 2018 12:25PM
hal
IT'S ILLEGAL!

Have you read the latest SCOTUS news?
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2018 03:27PM
Normally I don't like gambling away perfectly good money. But since I hope this hurts Las Vegas, then I'm for it. I'm mad at Vegas because of the Raiders. Vegas sucks now.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 17, 2018 05:27PM
vision63
Normally I don't like gambling away perfectly good money. But since I hope this hurts Las Vegas, then I'm for it. I'm mad at Vegas because of the Raiders. Vegas sucks now.

Infatuation with the NHLs Vegas Golden Knights is gonna KILL Vegas. They started as a 500-1 to win it all. That was down to 9-2 last I heard, They are good and it's just possible that they could win it all.

Vegas will lose $MILLIONS! They are already down millions from bets cashed in already. Thought you might like to hear that....
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2018 08:27PM
hal
vision63

Infatuation with the NHLs Vegas Golden Knights is gonna KILL Vegas. They started as a 500-1 to win it all. That was down to 9-2 last I heard, They are good and it's just possible that they could win it all.

Vegas will lose $MILLIONS! They are already down millions from bets cashed in already. Thought you might like to hear that....

Yes, I am diabolical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 267
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015