advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Would you hire this guy as your lobbyist?
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 15, 2018 04:23PM
I mean the guy on the right.

You'd think that resigning in shame from the House after he had them secretly pay off an $84K sexual harrassment settlement for him would, you know, make a guy a leetle bit radioactive. For a while, at least.

But you wouldn't know Texas politics.

Members of Congress are prohibited from lobbying on Capitol Hill for one year after leaving office, but Farenthold is seizing on a loophole that enables him to effectively lobby on behalf of a government agency.

"Blake has always been a strong supporter of the Calhoun Port Authority and is familiar with the issues facing the Port."

Hausmann added that Farenthold will also work to increase the Port’s presence and visibility in Washington with legislators, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Executive Branch, and other policy makers "to further the Port’s agenda and to obtain public funding."

As long as he can keep the Calhoun Port Authority on the public dole, he's worth $160K a year to them.

Oh, and BTW, that $84K that he (and the GOP House leadership) assured us he was gonna pay back? Yeah, that's off too:

Farenthold then made clear that he has no intention of repaying an $84,000 taxpayer settlement stemming from a 2014 complaint by a former congressional aide alleging sexual harassment, gender discrimination and retaliation.

Texas GOP guv Abbott even made pretend noises about Fahrenthold paying for the cost of the special election needed to replace him.

“Since I didn’t call it and don’t think it’s necessary, I shouldn’t be asked to pay for it,” Farenthold wrote.

Stop it! Yer killin me! And now he's got a six-figure job shilling for a Texas government agency.

Ahhhhhhhh, geez. Times have changed, haven't they?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Would you hire this guy as your lobbyist?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 15, 2018 04:31PM
Well that's just ducky.... /sarc
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 15, 2018 04:41PM
Does the port authority run the bathing beaches, too?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: May 15, 2018 07:19PM
I would, he's cute.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 16, 2018 08:09AM

Farenthold then made clear that he has no intention of repaying an $84,000 taxpayer settlement stemming from a 2014 complaint by a former congressional aide alleging sexual harassment, gender discrimination and retaliation.

Ladies & gentlemen, I present to you the party of personal responsibility, family values, and the front-line fighters against government fraud & waste!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 204
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015