advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Annals Of The Police State.....
Posted by: max
Date: May 16, 2018 02:04PM
One way to reward the enforcers, to buy their loyalty.....

"'Coward' deputy who stayed outside during Parkland school shooting receives monthly $8,700 pension

The sheriff's deputy who waited outside the Parkland, Fla., high school while a gunman killed 17 people inside is now receiving a state pension of more than $8,000 a month, according to a new report."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 02:09PM by max.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Annals Of The Police State.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 16, 2018 02:50PM
Link for the max-agnostics
[www.cnn.com]

Poor bastich has been insulted around the world. And of course had NO orders to enter the school... and probably training to NOT enter the school without backup. Because only Hollywood and the NRA think he would have made a difference other than catching a few bullets himself.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 16, 2018 03:01PM
cbelt3
Poor bastich has been insulted around the world. And of course had NO orders to enter the school... and probably training to NOT enter the school without backup. Because only Hollywood and the NRA think he would have made a difference other than catching a few bullets himself.

This.

Isn't that the logic behind defending the police shooting of suspects who make ambiguous movements, or firemen watching buildings burn until fully prepared to enter, or soldiers taking cover despite casualties on the field, that the safety of the responder is paramount?
Posted by: max
Date: May 16, 2018 03:17PM
Acer

Isn't that the logic behind defending the police shooting of suspects .... the safety of the responder is paramount?

Yep, shoot everything that breathes, they may be eventually, potentially, become dangerous, or worse yet, not follow orders....
Posted by: billb
Date: May 16, 2018 03:18PM
cbelt3
Link for the max-agnostics
[www.cnn.com]

You don't need "probably" training to sit there and do nothing while you are listening to students being gunned down.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 16, 2018 03:49PM
Ugh. I don't think you will find any professional armed peace officer who will yammer on about running in there without backup and being 'the good guy'. With a pistol against a murderer with a semiautomatic rifle.

Amateurs ? Yeah. Wannabes ? Yeah. Cadet Bone Spurs ? Oh yeah.

I own guns. I've fired guns (at targets and animals I've hunted). I designed weapon systems for the military. I studied all the FM's. But.... I have NO training. I'm also not STUPID. I've been in an armed insurrection and been shot at. I hid in my damn hotel room bathtub for two days, and came out to find the window had a few nice holes in it and the wall next to the bed had a few nice holes in it. If I had been in the bed or at the desk, I would not be here now.

If I'm armed and someone starts shooting people, I'd hide and run like hell. Of course I don't see how that would happen... crazy person at the range ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 03:49PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2018 06:24AM
Armchair quarterbacks are a bore.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 17, 2018 07:36AM
deckeda

OT: Funny how expressions get malformed over time. Kinda like the old kids' game of Telephone.

Armchair General

Monday Morning Quarterback
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2018 12:09PM
DeusxMac
deckeda

OT: Funny how expressions get malformed over time. Kinda like the old kids' game of Telephone.

Armchair General

That means this thread has entered a holding pattern. big grin smiley
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 17, 2018 12:11PM
DeusxMac
deckeda

Armchair General

I like "doggy dog world". And "for all intensive purposes". huh smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 204
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015