advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Most of the protesters killed this week by Israeli fire along the border with the Gaza Strip were members of Hamas, the militant group said "
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 16, 2018 05:21PM
Hamas says most slain Gaza protesters were its members
[apnews.com]
JERUSALEM (AP) — Most of the protesters killed this week by Israeli fire along the border with the Gaza Strip were members of Hamas, the militant group said Wednesday, an assertion that deepens the starkly different narratives on both sides over the deaths.
-
In an interview with Baladna TV, a private Palestinian news outlet that broadcasts via Facebook, senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil said 50 out of the nearly 60 protesters killed Monday were Hamas members, with the others being “from the people.”
-
For Israel, it was enough to cement its narrative.
“It was clear to Israel and now it is clear to the whole world that there was no popular protest. This was an organized mob of terrorists organized by Hamas,” said Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Most of the protesters killed this week by Israeli fire along the border with the Gaza Strip were members of Hamas, the militant group said "
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 17, 2018 10:34AM
Even the children?

Wow. They must start early.
Re: "Most of the protesters killed this week by Israeli fire along the border with the Gaza Strip were members of Hamas, the militant group said "
Date: May 17, 2018 10:59AM
pdq
Even the children?

Hey, don't take my word for it. That's what the Hamas Bigs are saying.

"In an interview with Baladna TV, a private Palestinian news outlet that broadcasts via Facebook, senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil said 50 out of the nearly 60 protesters killed Monday were Hamas members"
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 17, 2018 12:05PM
pdq
Even the children?

Because it's perfectly normal for people to drag children to a protest that the Israelis warned could result in dire consequences. Like Granny dragging her sick grandbaby along, knowing the kid had a bad ticker. So, yeah, they do start early despite not having a say about it.

Date: May 17, 2018 04:19PM
I would just like to register my objection to the standard "every Palestinian we kill was a militant/terrorist" claim.
Date: May 17, 2018 05:27PM
pdq
I would just like to register my objection to the standard "every Palestinian we kill was a militant/terrorist" claim.

Hamas senior official claims it's 5 out of 6. Don't you believe him?

"In an interview with Baladna TV, a private Palestinian news outlet that broadcasts via Facebook, senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil said 50 out of the nearly 60 protesters killed Monday were Hamas members"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2018 05:28PM by Steve G..
Date: May 17, 2018 06:00PM
So, you're saying virtually all of them were Hamas...except for the children?

'K. I guess I won't argue with that, although I'm not clear that that's an a priori justification for killing them.
Date: May 17, 2018 06:06PM
No, I'm saying that this is what Hamas is boasting about.

If you have an explanation as to what the Hamas official said, then tell us. he seems to be saying that 50 out of the 60 Gazans killed were Hamas members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2018 06:08PM by Steve G..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 240
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015