advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"US says NKorea talks moving quickly, Trump to leave early"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 11, 2018 10:08AM
Hmm, looking more like a B.S. publicity stunt than ever...stay tuned.

US says NKorea talks moving quickly, Trump to leave early
[apnews.com]
SINGAPORE (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to depart early from his unprecedented summit with Kim Jong Un, the White House said Monday, declaring that nuclear talks with North Korea have moved “more quickly than expected.”

Trump had been scheduled to fly back to Washington on Wednesday morning after spending Tuesday with the North Korean leader in Singapore. But on the eve of the summit, he altered his schedule, opting to return at about 8 p.m. on Tuesday after a full day of meetings with Kim — almost 15 hours earlier than previously anticipated.

“The discussions between the United States and North Korea are ongoing and have moved more quickly than expected,” the White House said in a statement.

It wasn’t immediately clear what specific progress, if any, had been made in preliminary discussions between U.S. and North Korean officials in the run-up to the Tuesday summit. In fact, only hours before the White House announcement, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had seemed to lower expectations for the meeting, which Trump had earlier predicted could potentially yield an on-the-spot deal to end the Korean War.

“We are hopeful this summit will have set the conditions for future successful talks,” Pompeo said on Monday evening.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "US says NKorea talks moving quickly, Trump to leave early"
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 11, 2018 10:16AM
The LESS Trump gets involved, the better for successful outcome. Experienced diplomats can handle one toddler class tantrum at a time. If both sides of the table insist on playing with the same toy, there won't be a solution until after nap time.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 11, 2018 10:32AM
Whatever. Trump can't be trusted to follow through on any agreement anyway. It won't be worth the discarded golf scorecard it's scribbled on.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 11, 2018 11:04AM
He's going to see into Kim's soul. That's always a good barometer.
Date: June 11, 2018 11:26AM
Good call, mrbigstuff. I think we've seen this kind of stupidity before.

He said it was time to move beyond Cold War attitudes, away from mutually assured destruction towards mutually earned respect. "We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul. He's a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country and I appreciate very much the frank dialogue and that's the beginning of a very constructive relationship."

At the closing press conference, in response to a question about whether he could trust Putin, Bush said, "I looked the man in the eye. I found him very straightforward and trustworthy – I was able to get a sense of his soul."
Date: June 11, 2018 12:43PM
Okay let's take a look at a possible headline: "North Korea to abandon long range missiles. Trump declares triumph."

That leaves this headline:"Japan thrilled to be within range of North Korean intermediate range nuclear tipped missiles."
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 11, 2018 12:44PM
Steve G.
“The discussions between the United States and North Korea are ongoing and have moved more quickly than expected,”

Yup - that's exactly what happens when you're having successful negotiations over a complicated topic - people leave early.

ROTFL
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 11, 2018 12:58PM
pdq
Yup - that's exactly what happens when you're having successful negotiations over a complicated topic - people leave early.

Hey, do you know how hard it is to get a tee time at a Trump golf course?

Well, it's pretty easy if you're Trump, but those balls aren't going to hit themselves!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 196
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015