advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Any one know Deval Patrick ex Mass governor?
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 11, 2018 05:55PM
Obama is meeting with potential presidential candidates and this man is in the group and favored by Obama. I know nothing about him except what I read.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any one know Deval Patrick ex Mass governor?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 11, 2018 06:08PM
Well, if he can give a speech without saying 'ladders of opportunity' or calling America’s rural communities “the backbone of this country,” he'll be a better candidate than Clinton.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 11, 2018 07:52PM
He's a much better speaker than even Obama (who I never thought was really great, any way) but his governance is lacking in ways that wouldn't jibe with where we are at the moment.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 11, 2018 09:32PM
Clinton (her) was a great candidate, but y'all continue.
Date: June 11, 2018 09:36PM
vision63
I disagree and I said so along the way throughout her campaign, and during her previous presidential and senatorial runs. That did not stop me from voting for her, but man, she was a lousy, uninspiring candidate.
Date: June 11, 2018 09:38PM
Steve G.
vision63
I disagree and I said so along the way throughout her campaign, and during her previous presidential and senatorial runs. That did not stop me from voting for her, but man, she was a lousy, uninspiring candidate.

No she was not. You just don't like "local" candidates. Remember when I asked you to name one local politician you liked and you couldn't? You 'member?
Date: June 11, 2018 09:55PM
Liking a politician amongst the NYC crooks and graftsers is different from judging how good a campaigner they are. I don't think Hillary's a crook (no matter how suspicious-looking some of the Clinton dealings have been). There are lots of very good, inspirational campaigners around. But at least locally, most of them are crooks. That's the difference.
Date: June 11, 2018 10:00PM
Steve G.
Liking a politician amongst the NYC crooks and graftsers is different from judging how good a campaigner they are. I don't think Hillary's a crook (no matter how suspicious-looking some of the Clinton dealings have been). There are lots of very good, inspirational campaigners around. But at least locally, most of them are crooks. That's the difference.

They aren't all bad. What's wrong with Jerrold Nadler for example? He seems like a good guy. I want to hear one positive thing about one local politico. Even if it's just something like "He's got a great head of hair."
Date: June 11, 2018 10:18PM
Fat Jerry's okay. He's a regular organization pol of his generation. Personally, I like Richard Gottfried a lot. I've watched him since he and two of his friends went around talking to fellow freshmen in the Cornell dorms making no secret of the fact that he and his friends were going to take over a local Democratic club and get elected so they could do good stuff. he has succeeded. He has done good stuff for 47 years. He is one of the reasons I have contempt for most of the others.

Also, I've had the dubious privilege of watching politics and its practitioners close up. It's mostly disgusting. Bella Abzug was an ace. And a couple of others. Many, including most Republicans should be jailed immediately. I say that only because i've seen them in action in person. (Al D'Amato, for instance, should have been convicted and executed 40 years ago.)

and, for instance, Chuck Schumer. You may like the way he sounds, but he's also the guy who made the laws and regs possible to set up Wall Street for the financial collapse of 2008. Plus, the times I've met him, he sets off alarm bells.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 10:35PM by Steve G..
Date: June 11, 2018 10:37PM
Steve G.
Fat Jerry's okay. He's a regular organization pol of his generation. Personally, I like Richard Gottfried a lot. I've watched him since he and two of his friends went around talking to fellow freshmen in the Cornell dorms making no secret of the fact that he and his friends were going to take over a local Democratic club and get elected so they could do good stuff. he has succeeded. He has done good stuff for 47 years. He is one of the reasons I have contempt for most of the others.

Also, I've had the dubious privilege of watching politics and its practitioners close up. It's mostly disgusting. Bella Abzug was an ace. And a couple of others. Many, including most Republicans should be jailed immediately. I say that only because i've seen them in action in person. (Al D'Amato, for instance, should have been convicted and executed 40 years ago.)

Camera

Let me grab a snap of this. Hey, Jerry's lost 100 pounds at least. I see Gottfried is the longest serving member of the Assembly. Good on him. Good thing D'Amato got un-elected. Bella is one of my hero's. Thanks for indulging me.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 11, 2018 10:43PM
vision63
Steve G.
vision63

No she was not. You just don't like "local" candidates. Remember when I asked you to name one local politician you liked and you couldn't? You 'member?

I think HR Clinton's issue was campaigning. She would have most likely been a competent, if uninspiring Administrator. She had at her disposal three of the greatest public speakers in recent American History, but did not use them to her advantage. Choosing another un-inspriring administrator as VP was a mistake as well. Your VP should contrast, not mirror, but that's who she chose. I don't know if Bernie would have accepted a VP slot, was he even asked? Its good to be above the fray, but you don't show up to a gunfight with a knife, and Bernie could have eviscerated Trump and left her looking Presidential.

Who ever faces Trump is gonna need to be able to take him on, gonna need some Huckster to take on that used-car salesman!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 11, 2018 11:45PM
Keep an eye on Jason Kander of Missouri.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 11:46PM by SteveO.
Posted by: max
Date: June 12, 2018 12:44AM
You'all could have had Bernie,

but you decided to elect Trump........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 12, 2018 09:12AM
max

Actually no, didn't want him.

But since you are busy trying to deflect, who did you vote for? Given your posting history, not Clinton.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 12, 2018 01:53PM
JoeH
max

Actually no, didn't want him.

But since you are busy trying to deflect, who did you vote for? Given your posting history, not Clinton.

You won't get an answer. max needs to maintain Deniability.

He's actually attempting a propaganda technique

"Labeling theory accounts for blame by postulating that when intentional actors [max] act out to continuously blame... [other forum members] for nonexistent psychological traits and for nonexistent variables, those actors [max] aim to induce irrational guilt at an unconscious level. Blame in this case becomes a propaganda tactic, using repetitive blaming behaviors, innuendos, and hyperbole in order to assign negative status to normative humans."
Date: June 12, 2018 06:19PM
Rolando
vision63
Steve G.
vision63

I think HR Clinton's issue was campaigning. She would have most likely been a competent, if uninspiring Administrator. She had at her disposal three of the greatest public speakers in recent American History, but did not use them to her advantage. Choosing another un-inspriring administrator as VP was a mistake as well. Your VP should contrast, not mirror, but that's who she chose. I don't know if Bernie would have accepted a VP slot, was he even asked? Its good to be above the fray, but you don't show up to a gunfight with a knife, and Bernie could have eviscerated Trump and left her looking Presidential.

Who ever faces Trump is gonna need to be able to take him on, gonna need some Huckster to take on that used-car salesman!

Bernie is always so eager to praise Trump. Was the first to say he would work with him after the election. Praises him on trade. Praises him on foreign policy. Defends his racist voters. I think the 2020 Dem voters want someone who is actually against what Trump represents.

Plus he - is - not - a - Democrat. We don't like him.
Date: June 12, 2018 07:08PM
vision63

I'm a Democrat. I like him.

-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Date: June 14, 2018 03:13PM
Rolando
vision63

Nobody I know does and the people I know represent the base of the party. We blocked his so called revolution on purpose and we will continue to unless he apologizes for the things he's done, which he isn't. Without people like me, he doesn't go anywhere. That is a lock.
Date: June 15, 2018 12:21AM
vision63
Rolando
vision63

Nobody I know does and the people I know represent the base of the party. We blocked his so called revolution on purpose and we will continue to unless he apologizes for the things he's done, which he isn't. Without people like me, he doesn't go anywhere. That is a lock.

And that is how we ended up with Commander Cheeto! Thanks for taking responsibility! Now, do we move on or will you try to get HRC back. That ship has sailed and sunk! How about we work to fixing the current issue and saving the frikkin' Republic?!?!?

-- Edmund Burke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 266
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015