Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
These are not anomolies (racism)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 13, 2018 04:26PM
[talkingpointsmemo.com]

Arizona Republican state Rep. David Stringer:

Sixty percent of public school children in the state of Arizona today are minorities. That complicates racial integration because there aren’t enough white kids to go around. And when you look at that 60 percent number for public school students, just carry that forward 10 or 15 years. It’s going to change the demographic voting base of this state. And that’s what’s going on around the country. Immigration is politically destabilizing. President Trump has talked about this. Immigration today represents an existential threat to the United States. If we don’t do something about immigration very, very soon, the demographics of our country will be irrevocably changed and we will be a very different country. It will not be the country you were born into.

So vast anti-democratic efforts by the Republicans and at best turning a blind eye to the rampant corruption of the Trump administration and Trump not even acknowledging that the Russians have and will interfere in our elections are not existential threats to the country but too many brown people does represent such a threat. Makes sense I guess if you think "United States = white people".

A bonus racist rant (also probably emboldened by Trump):

Warning - If you are allergic to Huffington Post do not continue (less than 2 min. long video):

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 04:28PM by Ted King.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: These are not anomolies (racism)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 13, 2018 04:45PM

Hear! Hear!
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 13, 2018 07:46PM
You might think it but who can speak these things out loud in polite society? What kind of person does this and does anyone but her down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2018 07:47PM by samintx.
Date: June 13, 2018 08:33PM
Steve G.

Hear! Hear!

Them Papists are un-American!
Date: June 13, 2018 08:41PM
samintx
You might think it but who can speak these things out loud in polite society? What kind of person does this and does anyone but her down?

Did you catch in the video where she seems to be speaking to the other patrons of the shop and asks (paraphrasing), "Who's with me; don't you agree with me?" To me that showed that she expected her "fellow" white patrons to think as she thinks. I'm sure in her circle of friends and associates that if she had asked that question they would have wholeheartedly agreed with her. That's probably why she expected the other white patrons to agree - just assuming that most white people are part of her white tribe - like her circle of friends and associates - and would see the "truth" of what she was saying.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 21, 2018 07:41AM
Ted King
Steve G.

Hear! Hear!

Them Papists are un-American!

The conflation of anti-Catholic sentiment with white supremacy belies the white supremacy embraced by many American Catholics. Don't be confused by this.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015