advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Republican House members grill Republican deputy AG
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 28, 2018 02:19PM
...who apparently isn't sufficiently on board with their Trump-defending.

The results were somewhat counter-productive:

At the hearing, Jordan peppered Rosenstein with accusations, asking, "Why are you keeping information from Congress?"

"I don’t agree with you, congressman," [Rosenstein] said. "That is not accurate, sir."

Jordan also accused the deputy attorney general of redacting documents to hide information embarrassing to the FBI.

"Mr. Jordan, I am the deputy attorney general of the United States. I’m not the person doing the redacting," Rosenstein answered.

As Jordan peppered him with questions, Rosenstein snapped back: "Your use of this to attack me personally is deeply wrong. … I’m not trying to hide anything."

Almost a "have you no shame?" moment.

But then things fell apart for Jordan, and he undermined his own case. He turned to media reports about an alleged threat by Rosenstein to members of Congress. Fox News's Catherine Herridge reported June 12 that Rosenstein had threatened to "' 'subpoena' emails, phone records and other documents from lawmakers and staff" on the GOP-controlled House Intelligence Committee.

No other legitimate news sources have run with this story, with some (including AG Sessions] actively denying that it happened. Who is right?

"Did you threaten to subpoena their calls and emails?" [Jordan asked]

"No, sir, and there's no way to subpoena phone calls," Rosenstein said, clearly pleased with himself.

There were audible laughs in the room.

It's almost too easy...

smiley-laughing001
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Republican House members grill Republican deputy AG
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 28, 2018 02:41PM
pdq
Almost a "have you no shame?" moment.:

Except that they have no shame.
Date: June 28, 2018 03:28PM
Jennifer Rubin, who is ostensibly a right-leaning columnist for the WaPo (but mostly anti-Trump these days) says

Jordan is the perfect incarnation of the GOP in 2018 — unhinged, bullying, unbound by facts and unconcerned with the norms of democratic government.

Democratic House candidates might consider running the Jordan video in their ads. It is a vivid display of a party that refuses to fulfill its constitutional functions and aids and abets the president’s attacks on the rule of law. Every Republican elected will vote for his or her speaker (or minority leader), thereby giving consent to put committee gavels in the hands of irresponsible and irrational puppets of the White House.

Yee-ouch!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 28, 2018 04:31PM
pdq
Jennifer Rubin, who is ostensibly a right-leaning columnist for the WaPo (but mostly anti-Trump these days) says

Jordan is the perfect incarnation of the GOP in 2018 — unhinged, bullying, unbound by facts and unconcerned with the norms of democratic government.

Democratic House candidates might consider running the Jordan video in their ads. It is a vivid display of a party that refuses to fulfill its constitutional functions and aids and abets the president’s attacks on the rule of law. Every Republican elected will vote for his or her speaker (or minority leader), thereby giving consent to put committee gavels in the hands of irresponsible and irrational puppets of the White House.

Yee-ouch!

Rubin is just upset because Pres. Trump never grabbed her puxxy.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 28, 2018 04:52PM
That Jordan guy is one of the most obnoxious people in Congress.

Like Trump, I have to mute the sound whenever he speaks.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 28, 2018 06:54PM
Speedy
pdq

Yee-ouch!

Rubin is just upset because Pres. Trump never grabbed her puxxy.

Well FU too!
Date: June 29, 2018 07:31AM
Janit, I think Speedy just has a dry/ironic sense of humor that is easy to misinterpret.
Date: June 29, 2018 10:30AM
pdq
Janit, I think Speedy just has a dry/ironic sense of humor that is easy to misinterpret.

Mansplain much? Yes I know it was supposed to be a joke. It was ill chosen and it crossed a line, especially because the lack of clear contextual setup made the intent ambiguous.

I'm all for transgressive humor, but deploying it successfully requires more attention.
Date: June 29, 2018 11:52AM
Not mansplaining, just wasn't sure you were familiar with Speedy's sense of humor.
Date: June 30, 2018 04:02PM
pdq
Not mansplaining, just wasn't sure you were familiar with Speedy's sense of humor.

Yeah, I'm familiar, and I often find Speedy's humor to be unclear/ambiguous.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 30, 2018 04:39PM
Janit
pdq

And, mostly, humorless.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: July 02, 2018 07:23PM
Speedy
Janit
pdq

And, mostly, humorless.

Now that one WAS funny!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015