advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Mitch McConnell: There's not "much that we can do" about school shootings
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 04, 2018 08:32PM
Mitch received $1.3 MILLION from the NRA last year.

Mitch McConnell: There's not "much that we can do" about school shootings
[www.axios.com]

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that there's not "much that [the federal government] can do other than appropriate funds" when it comes to school shootings, NBC News reports. His comments come days after the mass shooting at the Capital Gazette's newsroom in Annapolis Maryland that left five people dead.
"I don't think that at the federal level there's much that we can do other than appropriate funds. You would think, given how much it takes to get on an American plane or given how much it takes to get into courthouses, that this might be something that we could achieve, but I don’t think we could do that from Washington, I think it’s basically a local decision. It’s a darn shame that’s where we are, but this epidemic is something that’s got all of our attention."
— Mitch McConnell

Rivaling Trump for the vilest creep of the age.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mitch McConnell: There's not "much that we can do" about school shootings
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 04, 2018 09:09PM
Sen. McConnell did a nice job of shepherding through the Russian-funded NRA bill to give people who had representative payees for social security the right to keep and kill with arms.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 04, 2018 09:36PM
must be terrible to feel so helpless.

Posted by: Kraniac
Date: July 04, 2018 10:41PM
the founding fathers would tar and feather this @#$%& and boot him onto the dirt street with a cheer.

who ARE these people??
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 05, 2018 09:35AM
Poor baby. His hands are tied.
Posted by: rexs
Date: July 05, 2018 10:37AM
And why not Mitch?

You are encumbered by the attributes of civility, morals, any sense of statesmen's like quality. Develoment of the Republicians willingness to throw everything they espoused as their core beliefs under the bus, along with that grab America by the pussy and throw us under the bus as well.
With fear of looking being two faced, (although that man turtle face must have been good practice)

When one of the advisors behind Palin's VP campaign is this appalled:
@SteveSchmidtSES
Jun 19
More
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

The difference between you and Dorian Gray, is that he had a painting in the attic.

#46 get here soon! Please, we can't deal with this much longer.

I am now going to go to the Cancer ward for my infusion and calm down, and be around people that are for life, family, Love, goodness, service. Where laughter, well being can flourish.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 05, 2018 11:44AM
rexs
I am now going to go to the Cancer ward for my infusion and calm down, and be around people that are for life, family, Love, goodness, service. Where laughter, well being can flourish.

Having been there 8 years ago, yes you meet some of the most positive people. My best wishes for your recovery.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: July 05, 2018 03:33PM
I can’t imagine what people like him tell themselves when they are alone with their conscience.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 05, 2018 03:46PM
There's plenty we can do, ol' Mitchter… starting with firing your ass and the asses of everyone in DC who thinks about this like you do.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 05, 2018 03:49PM
Ammo
I can’t imagine what people like him tell themselves when they are alone with their conscience.

It should be clear by now that people like McConnell and Trump have no conscience.
Date: July 05, 2018 03:52PM
Dennis S
Ammo

It should be clear by now that people like McConnell and Trump have no conscience.

Nor do those who voted for them.

Date: July 05, 2018 03:53PM
rexs
And why not Mitch?

You are encumbered by the attributes of civility, morals, any sense of statesmen's like quality. Develoment of the Republicians willingness to throw everything they espoused as their core beliefs under the bus, along with that grab America by the pussy and throw us under the bus as well.
With fear of looking being two faced, (although that man turtle face must have been good practice)

When one of the advisors behind Palin's VP campaign is this appalled:
@SteveSchmidtSES
Jun 19
More
29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.

The difference between you and Dorian Gray, is that he had a painting in the attic.

#46 get here soon! Please, we can't deal with this much longer.

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015