advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Russian Humor: "Putin urges closer international cybersecurity cooperation"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 06, 2018 12:12PM
(Yeah, I know, this should be in 'Friday Funnies')
I'm sure he'll get Trump the Genius on board for this at the Helsinki Sellout Handshake on the 16th.

"Putin's fine. He's fine. We're all fine. We're people.
Will I be prepared? Totally prepared.
I've been preparing for this stuff my whole life."

-Donald Trump

Putin urges closer international cybersecurity cooperation
[apnews.com]
MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin on Friday called for closer international cooperation in fending off cyberattacks. Addressing a cybersecurity conference in Moscow, Putin said it’s important to develop common cybersecurity standards that take into account interests of all nations. He noted that cyberthreats have mounted around the world.

“Cyberthreats have reached such a scale that they could only be neutralized by combined efforts of the entire international community,” Putin said. “We have repeatedly seen that some nations’ egoism, their attempts to act squarely to their own advantages, hurt the global information stability,” he added without specifying.

Putin pointed at Russia pooling efforts with European nations to work out an agreed mechanism of protection of personal data rules, citing it as a positive example of international cooperation.

The Russian leader didn’t address allegations that government-sponsored Russian hackers have meddled in the U.S. 2016 presidential elections. Moscow has strongly denied interfering in the vote.

Putin noted that the number of cyberattacks on Russia has increased by one-third in the first quarter of 2018, compared to the same period last year.

He said Russia would work to develop an automated system facilitating information exchange between businesses and law enforcement agencies to help enhance cybersecurity.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russian Humor: "Putin urges closer international cybersecurity cooperation"
Posted by: Pam
Date: July 06, 2018 12:25PM
Bwahaha!
Re: Russian Humor: "Putin urges closer international cybersecurity cooperation"
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 09, 2018 04:27AM
Given what Putin knows about Pres. Trump, I bet he washes his hands as soon after shaking Trump's hand as he can.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 294
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018