advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Army discharges army immigrants
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 06, 2018 05:48PM
This is so bad! I thought citizenship was a law for joining the Army. I guess not.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 06:54PM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Army discharges army immigrants
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 06, 2018 10:05PM
The military has a large number of foreign citizens in it, always has (FWIW, recruits must be fluent in English)

Following 9/11, President Bush authorized the military to recruit even more foreigners to help with languages and special skills. In exchange, those recruits would be fast tracked to citizenship. President Obama opened the program further as volunteer enlistments fell off.

Those recruits had to be heavily vetted to formal enlistment. Their visa status was changed to reflect the military standing.

Under the Trump administration, the vetting by the FBI, CIA, etc has essentially stopped. Without vetting, those volunteers are not eligible for formal enlistments and their contracts are cancelled. That may also mean that they lose their visa status and can now be deported.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 06, 2018 10:13PM
Ombligo
Under the Trump administration, the vetting by the FBI, CIA, etc has essentially stopped. Without vetting, those volunteers are not eligible for formal enlistments and their contracts are cancelled. That may also mean that they lose their visa status and can now be deported.

For all that applicants complained about the time that had to be put into it and the long wait for their badges, security clearances were going very smoothly under Obama. Took about 90 days in 2016.

Now, I know people who applied in mid-2017 who are still waiting for their interviews.

How did the process get so broken so quickly?

Posted by: Janit
Date: July 07, 2018 05:42AM
And this cessation of vetting is being covered up with excuses that amount to faux vetting:

[www.npr.org]

CHANG: We actually spoke to one of the reservists who received a phone call. He asked not to be identified by name. And this is how he describes the government's reasons for discharging him.

UNIDENTIFIED SOLDIER: The only problem in my background checks is my foreign ties. These foreign ties are explained as my parents live in Pakistan, and my fiance lives in Pakistan. And these are the reasons on the basis of which I've been denied, or, you know, I've been declared unfavorable for military.

CHANG: Foreign ties - what do you make of that justification for his discharge?

STOCK: It doesn't make any sense because - and I took a look at the papers - he shared them with me - I - that shows the reasons why they are discharging him. And the paperwork just said, foreign ties. But they're ordinary, normal ties that any immigrant would have.

CHANG: I imagine there are many members in the military who have foreign ties.

STOCK: There are many members of the military who are married to foreigners, have children born in foreign countries, have parents who are foreigners, brothers and sisters (laughter) who are foreigners. It's very common in a global military like the United States military that people will have foreign ties.

CHANG: We understand that 40 or so people who received phone calls informing them that they were getting discharged were told by the government that the government had, quote, "unfavorable information" on them. But there was no explanation as to what that information was.

STOCK: Well, that's the - what the Pentagon does in these cases. They don't give the person any information about why they're being discharged. They don't give them an opportunity to rebut the information or explain it. They tell them nothing. And the only reason that individual you quoted got it was because he separately filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act for a copy of the record.
Posted by: Pam
Date: July 07, 2018 08:31AM
If you are not white, you do not belong in the US. Unless you’re a low paid worker at one of his properties
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 07, 2018 11:14AM
Pam
If you are not white, you do not belong in the US. Unless you’re a low paid worker at one of his properties

You can work picking chickens or strawberries. Maybe Trump will give the rejects a job at Marlago!
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 07, 2018 11:48AM
MS-13 ties, calling it now. MS-13 is going to be the go-to scare tactic, since "muslim" doesn't work well against hispanics, and "communist" is reserved for liberals who dare to expect the government to actually govern something other than the military.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 07, 2018 08:06PM
Pam

They're looking for young college students from central Europe. Trying to exclude dark-skinned people even for kitchen staff.

Posted by: bfd
Date: July 07, 2018 11:12PM
Sarcany
Pam

They're looking for young college students from central Europe.

Likely at the request demand of one central European currently living in the Trump household…
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 10, 2018 02:58PM
samintx
Pam

You can work picking chickens or strawberries. Maybe Trump will give the rejects a job at Marlago!

You actually can't. The poultry and berry industries are dying because of a lack of workers.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2018 02:58PM by rjmacs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015