advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ed Schultz - RIP
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 07, 2018 05:12PM
I always enjoyed listening to his Fargo-based show when I traveled through North Dakota. Less so on TV. His Fargo radio show (he did both a local show and a national show) was on a station that was bought by a rich liberal lawyer who tossed Rush Limpbag's show off the station. The station got lots of complaints about that because listeners wanted the 'straight truth' they got from the Drugster (as Ed called him.) Of course, in short order another station picked up Limpbag.

[www.politico.com]

"Liberal broadcaster Ed Schultz died at his home in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, according to the television network RT, on which he hosted a show.

“We are devastated by the news of the sudden death of our brilliant anchor, one of the best TV-Journalists in America, Ed Schultz,” RT editor in chief Margarita Simonyan said in a statement.

Fargo, North Dakota, television station WDAY reported he died of natural causes.

Schultz, 64, began his career in Fargo in the late 1980s as a sportscaster.

He later became a commentator and host of “The Ed Show” on MSNBC, which ran from 2009 to 2015.

Schultz went on to host a news program on RT America in which he discussed “the most controversial issues affecting Americans and gives a platform to diverse voices, stories and perspectives to viewers,” according to his bio on the site.

RT, which is Russia-backed, was last year forced to register as a “foreign agent” by the Justice Department.

“When the campaign against RT America began and the channel was forced to register as a foreign agent, Ed set an example for all of us, saying: ‘Let them call me what they want, I am going to speak the truth no matter what’,” Simonyan said in the statement.

RT America news director Mikhail Solodovnikov said in a statement that Schultz was “a close and true friend.”

“He was a big-time professional and a tough fighter,” Solodovnikov said. “Between us I always called him a ‘gladiator.’ He would never give up; he was always a winner. He was tough on a lot of young journalists in RT America’s newsroom; he was a mentor to a few.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 07:23PM by Speedy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ed Schultz - RIP
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 07, 2018 05:46PM
I remember Ed from MSNBC, seemed liked an old school kind of journalist (in a good way)
had no idea he had gone to work for RT - interesting.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015