advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
‘A cesspool of deviancy’: New claims of voyeurism test Jordan denials
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 08, 2018 08:35AM
‘A cesspool of deviancy’: New claims of voyeurism test Jordan denials
A half-dozen former wrestlers at Ohio State, where GOP Rep. Jim Jordan once coached, said they were regularly harassed by men in their training facility.

[www.politico.com]
New allegations in the Ohio State University sexual abuse scandal are threatening to intensify the political firestorm facing its onetime assistant wrestling coach, powerful GOP Rep. Jim Jordan.

A half-dozen ex-wrestlers told POLITICO they were regularly harassed in their training facility by sexually aggressive men who attended the university or worked there. The voyeurs would @#$%& while watching the wrestlers shower or sit in the sauna, or engage in sexual acts in the areas where the athletes trained, the former wrestlers said.

Larkins Hall, the building that housed athletic teams, became such a well-known target that people who frequented it at the time have reminisced in anonymous postings online how easy it was to ogle naked members of the wrestling team.

The situation was so egregious that former wrestling head coach Russ Hellickson would at times have to physically drag the gawkers out of the building, several sources familiar with his actions at the time said. Hellickson also pleaded with the university multiple times to move their athletes to a private facility, the sources said. Jordan served as Hellickson’s No. 2, and the coach has been described as Jordan’s mentor.
[more]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 08:35AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘A cesspool of deviancy’: New claims of voyeurism test Jordan denials
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 08, 2018 10:25AM
Wow. This is almost as bad as putting an arm around a woman’s waist when she asks for a photo with you.

Kidding. Nothing could be worse than that.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 08, 2018 11:28AM
Fine, I'll go there.

It seems to still bother some people...but the exceptionally well-qualified Sen. Tina Smith is in a strong position to hold her Senate seat in November. Few people in the Senate are better qualified or more willing to protect women's rights than she.

Put her background on paper next to her predecessor and you wonder how he ever got the job...oh wait...white, male, wealthy, on TV, makes men laugh. So what if he can't keep his hands and tongue to himself? Goes on in Playboy magazine about his oral sex and big breast fantasies (thinks women can't wait to give it to guys like him, definitely fantasy) and talks about women like they're machines? What's the big deal? You feminazis are so sensitive! It's just locker room talk! You WANT to be groped by important men!

(want to know a man's character? look at what and who he makes jokes about)

Al can best serve the cause now as a behind the scenes fundraiser. He's pretty good at that. Not as good as he claimed during his Senate campaign though.
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 08, 2018 12:35PM
You know, I don’t want a butt pincher but I don’t mind an arm around my waist or shoulder. I hate the feeling of untouchability.
Date: July 08, 2018 12:56PM
samintx
You know, I don’t want a butt pincher but I don’t mind an arm around my waist or shoulder. I hate the feeling of untouchability.

If you mean the woman who wrote the article linked above, Franken didn't just put his arm around her waist, he squeezed her backside. This isn't about "untouchability" it's about men who feel entitled to whatever pats, squeezes, kisses or licks they want. It's wrong if women do that too, of course, you just don't hear about it quite as often.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 08, 2018 07:19PM
Lemon Drop
samintx

If you mean the woman who wrote the article linked above, Franken didn't just put his arm around her waist, he squeezed her backside. This isn't about "untouchability" it's about men who feel entitled to whatever pats, squeezes, kisses or licks they want. It's wrong if women do that too, of course, you just don't hear about it quite as often.

No, he squeezed her waist. Twice. He “grabbed a handful of flesh” and squeezed, twice. Read her column.

Barack Obama had just been elected. Folks were elated. My brother in law would have grabbed a handful of my flesh and squeezed more than twice.
Date: July 08, 2018 08:06PM
Tina Dupuy describes her groping experience with Franken in a little more detail here:

[www.youtube.com]

If you think it's OK to do this to a woman who is not your partner or date, you're wrong. This isn't the worst Franken inappropriate touching incident but it's still wrong.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 08, 2018 09:32PM
Lemon Drop
Tina Dupuy describes her groping experience with Franken in a little more detail here:

[www.youtube.com]

If you think it's OK to do this to a woman who is not your partner or date, you're wrong. This isn't the worst Franken inappropriate touching incident but it's still wrong.

Wrong, yes, but not illegal. Rep. Jordan allegedly heard about illegal activity and did nothing.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 10, 2018 02:55PM
pdq
Lemon Drop
samintx

No, he squeezed her waist. Twice. He “grabbed a handful of flesh” and squeezed, twice. Read her column.

Barack Obama had just been elected. Folks were elated. My brother in law would have grabbed a handful of my flesh and squeezed more than twice.

It seems a bit telling that you take every opportunity to defend Al Franken's offenses, targeting his accusers and comparing him to 'worse' offenders, as though somehow the fact that other people are worse makes him not so bad.

Be angry that not everyone is paying for their abuses. Don't be angry that someone you admire paid for his mistakes.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015