advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
" Criminal investigation after 'citizen’s arrest' "
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 08, 2018 01:20PM
'Jackson police officers are investigating an incident involving an off-duty Colorado officer who pulled her gun on a teen who was running to a bus stop.'

' After receiving a report of a possible armed robbery, multiple officers rushed to the scene where a woman was holding a young man on the ground at gunpoint.

“She was driving by and heard a loud noise and thought something was suspicious and got out to check it out,” Jackson Police Lt. Roger Schultz said.
“Then she saw someone running from the scene, and she believed a crime was taking place and intervened and called law enforcement. She held who she believed to be a suspect of a crime until we arrived.”
But after questioning the people involved and other witnesses, officers decided the whole thing was a misunderstanding and that the woman, who happens to be an off-duty police officer from Colorado, may have overreacted.
The 17-year-old said he was running from his house to the bus stop after forgetting his phone charger, reports state.
“This kid wasn’t actually committing a crime,” Schultz said.
Now police are trying to decide if the 31-year-old off-duty cop overstepped her bounds enough to be charged with a crime. '

'The 17-year-old, although found to be wrongly targeted, was cited for possession of a controlled substance. '

[www.jhnewsandguide.com]

So I have some questions. Is the kid hispanic? What was the probable cause for the search? This sounds pretty dubious to me.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: " Criminal investigation after 'citizen’s arrest' "
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 08, 2018 01:37PM
Gee who is more dangerous to the public: this unrestrained nut with her gun or the kid with a little weed? Charge her with assault and felonious restraint. No charges for the kid but he also sues her in civil court. That'll be fair.

No idea if race is a factor here. Seems like straight up lawbreaking by an overzealous off duty cop.
Date: July 08, 2018 01:52PM
Yes, I'm not jumping to any conclusions. However, even though they are not permitted, fireworks and firecrackers are common for a week around the 4th, and people running in Jackson isn't at all uncommon. Something doesn't smell right.
Date: July 08, 2018 02:07PM
Do you live in Jackson? It's so beautiful there! I haven't been in over a decade but would love to get back over there. Canoeing on Lake Jenny with my kids, favorite memory. Then getting yelled at by park ranger because I left a cooler beside the car (instead of inside the car...) less favorite memory but didn't repeat that mistake.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 08, 2018 02:18PM
She was courageously securing The Homeland while exercising her God-Given Second Amendment Rights.

what are you, some kinda COMMIE?
Date: July 08, 2018 02:23PM
I moved to Jackson in the late '70s; for the last few years I've been splitting my time between the Tetons and my Oregon place near Crater Lake. Campsites and visitor advice available for forumites, hit me up if you are in the area!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 08, 2018 04:24PM
Oh Jackson Hole.. why did Jackson, Mississippi immediately come to mind.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: July 08, 2018 05:49PM
Ombligo
Oh Jackson Hole.. why did Jackson, Mississippi immediately come to mind.

fun trivia...the town is Jackson, Wyoming. "Hole" is an early 19th century explorer/trapper's word for a valley surrounded by steep mountains. Jackson Hole refers to the area surrounding (and including) the town of Jackson. Because the ski resort is better known than the town itself - Jackson Hole seems to stick.
The town of Jackson is very fun when you need some civilization after exploring all the great outdoors stuff there. Not stuffy like some Colorado ski towns. Highly recommend.
Posted by: J Marston
Date: July 09, 2018 12:20PM
An uncle of my wife wrote the book on the geology of the Teton range:

[www.amazon.com]
Date: July 09, 2018 01:38PM
J Marston
An uncle of my wife wrote the book on the geology of the Teton range:

[www.amazon.com]

Cool - looks like a great book.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 233
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015