advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Big Stupid Ally Wrecking Tour begins: NATO, then UK then--his dear, dear friend Putin
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 10, 2018 06:37PM
Hard to believe that the gut-wrenching Chapter Seven began with the Singapore Fiasco just 5 weeks ago.

First Trump tries to wreck NATO while taking notes to report strategies to Russia.
Then Trump hides from millions of Britons who thinks he's polluting the island (Queen receives him in secret at Windsor to the shame of the monarchy. May insures her demise with a Big Orange Grope).

Finale: it's off to Helsinki to repeat Putin's assurance nothing happened...ever...No Collusion. Putin plays 10 minute pre-Instagram video on his iPhone for Trump.

Sometime: Trump celebrates crimes with huge BS speech, serenaded by GOP Party of Treason chorus.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Big Stupid Ally Wrecking Tour begins: NATO, then UK then--his dear, dear friend Putin
Date: July 10, 2018 06:49PM
Trump says he can't say if Putin is friend or foe
[www.reuters.com]
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he could not say if Vladimir Putin is a friend or foe, and that a meeting with the Russian president could be the easiest part of a tour of Europe that includes a NATO meeting and a visit to Britain.
-
“So I have NATO, I have the UK which is in somewhat turmoil, and I have Putin. Frankly Putin may be the easiest of them all. Who would think?” Trump said. “We’ll see how that goes,” he said of the summit with Putin to be held in Helsinki on Monday. Asked if Putin is a friend or foe, Trump said: “I really can’t say right now. As far as I’m concerned, a competitor.”
Re: Big Stupid Ally Wrecking Tour begins: NATO, then UK then--his dear, dear friend Putin
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 10, 2018 07:20PM
'No One Wants To Look Like Trump's Poodle'

(Besides, Jeff Sessions has a lock on that job)

' "Through the entire post-World War II history, economic relations and security relations were largely compartmentalized in the Atlantic context," said Freudenstein. "They were independent of each other."
He continued, "suddenly you have a situation where the U.S. president wants to connect the two things. And that is a change that Europe has a problem to deal with."
When the president put tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, which affected key trade partners including European countries, he cited national security concerns as his reason. He may have had political reasons for tying trade to security: It allowed him to bypass Congress as he imposed the tariffs. But Freudenstein says Europeans did not necessarily understand that.
"There is a communication problem there," he said, adding that the controversial moves could have the adverse effect of making it difficult for European leaders to legislate to increase their defense budgets. "No one wants to look like Trump's poodle." '

[www.npr.org]
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: July 10, 2018 07:59PM
Dear Putin, won't you come out to play
Dear Putin, greet the brand new day
The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Putin won't you come out and play
Dear Putin open up your eyes
Dear Putin see the sunny skies
The wind is low the birds will sing
That you are part of everything
Dear Putin won't you open up your eyes?
Look around round
Look around round round
Look around
Dear Putin let me see you smile
Dear Putin like a little child
The clouds will be a daisy chain
So let me see you smile again
Dear Putin won't you let me see you smile?

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.
- Peter Singer
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 11, 2018 07:17AM
Anyone checked for Russian military buildup on the Baltic borders?

Doesn't matter. I'm sure Vlad will pinky-swear that they will not invade/annex and that will be good enough for Trump.
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 11, 2018 07:30AM
Have you noticed he puts on his stern “I mean business” face at these meetings.

Is he trying to UNELECT Angela?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 07:31AM by samintx.
Date: July 11, 2018 11:04AM
Big Don shows NATO wimps how to apply muscle in military matters.

"Donald Trump and I have, firstly, met more than once at various international venues and secondly, we regularly talk over the phone."
-Vladimir Putin
Posted by: hal
Date: July 11, 2018 03:14PM
samintx
Have you noticed he puts on his stern “I mean business” face at these meetings.

Is he trying to UNELECT Angela?

yes - he wants like minded people at the top of ALL gov'ts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 07:03PM by hal.
Date: July 11, 2018 07:16PM
Get that? The French president responded “no.”

Trump: I have no idea what Macron said, but it sounded beautiful
[www.politico.eu]
US president gets lost when his French counterpart switched from English.

By Emma Anderson

7/11/18, 6:00 PM CET

Updated 7/11/18, 6:45 PM CET

Donald Trump and Emmanuel Macron met on the sidelines of the NATO summit in Brussels.

After the U.S. president praised his French counterpart for his leadership and their “tremendous” relationship, Macron began to speak in French to reporters.

This prompted Trump to start to laugh and say that he did not understand what Macron said, but “it sounded beautiful.”

Macron then switched to English, explaining “I just reminded everybody that almost one year ago you were present with your wife in Paris for Bastille Day.”

“We have worked together for some 12 months now. And took some great decisions and we will continue to work together,” the French president added.

One reporter asked Macron whether he agreed with Trump’s earlier statements claiming Germany is a “captive” of Russia. Trump said he was glad someone asked Macron this.

The French president responded “no.”
Posted by: max
Date: July 11, 2018 09:32PM
Lux Interior
Anyone checked for Russian military buildup on the Baltic borders?

Have you?
Linking year and a half ago maneuvers is a nice FUD pile.

Russia today is a paper tiger, but some geezers here cannot adjust to the new reality, living in the past is all they got left.....
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 11, 2018 10:22PM
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 12, 2018 08:14AM
The Baltics are in no danger.

Russia has no power.

Crimea was not annexed (I mean it was over a year and a half ago!).

You read it here first!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015