advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
'A clearly peeved Sarah Palin disclosed Tuesday that she was duped into giving an interview to comedian Sacha Baron Cohen'
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 10, 2018 09:49PM
"A clearly peeved Sarah Palin disclosed Tuesday that she was duped into giving an interview to comedian Sacha Baron Cohen — who posed as a disabled vet — for his new program on Showtime.
The former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate said she and her daughter, Piper, flew across the country to sit down for what was purportedly an interview for a documentary about veterans’ issues."

[nypost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'A clearly peeved Sarah Palin disclosed Tuesday that she was duped into giving an interview to comedian Sacha Baron Cohen'
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 10, 2018 10:09PM
emoticon-tv-015

He is a rascal!

=wr=
Re: 'A clearly peeved Sarah Palin disclosed Tuesday that she was duped into giving an interview to comedian Sacha Baron Cohen'
Posted by: steve...
Date: July 10, 2018 10:30PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Sarah Palin duped. thumbs up

Northern California Coast
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 10, 2018 10:53PM
thumbs up

Posted by: davester
Date: July 10, 2018 11:03PM
Given her lack of critical thinking skills, I'm guessing that "duped" is a common condition for her.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 11, 2018 07:05AM

Watching Ali-G interviews could be cringe-worthy, but funny.

People usually took him seriously, or at least played along.

The only one that called him out (that I can remember) was Andy Rooney.
Posted by: J Marston
Date: July 11, 2018 11:23AM
I don't think that tricking people is funny: They respond earnestly, not realizing that they are the butt of the joke. And Palin is too easy a target.
Posted by: rexs
Date: July 11, 2018 12:25PM
J Marston [PM] [Ignore this user] Date: July 11, 2018 11:23AM I don't think that tricking people is funny: They respond earnestly, not realizing that they are the butt of the joke. And Palin is too easy a target.

That ship seemed to have sailed in November of 2016 if not before.
Palin seemed to have tricked people that she was a patriot and cared about America and its people, and that she cared about personal responsibility. However she saw a way to in rich herself and family, and threw her public service commitments under the bus.

As we say in our house, Waaaaaaah!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 11, 2018 12:50PM
Lux Interior

Watching Ali-G interviews could be cringe-worthy, but funny.

People usually took him seriously, or at least played along.

The only one that called him out (that I can remember) was Andy Rooney.

It must be said, trump was onto his game, too.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 11, 2018 12:54PM
Due diligence, people. She really ought to know better.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 11, 2018 12:57PM
mrbigstuff
It must be said, trump was onto his game, too.

Did he interview Trump?

Never saw that one.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 11, 2018 01:15PM
She is an idiot and an opportunist. I have trouble feeling anything but disgust for her.
Too harsh? smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 11, 2018 02:16PM
If you weren't an idiot, Sarah, these things wouldn't happen to you. And stop your whining.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 11, 2018 02:39PM
Not to harp on it too much, but she was made famous by Saint John McCain so he could get those important goose-stepper Republican votes.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 11, 2018 02:50PM
I'd be pissed as hell if I were Palin - that is a @#$%& up thing to do to anyone. But @#$%& her... she's an @#$%&!
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 11, 2018 06:31PM
She didn't know what she was getting into with this guy? She's an air-head.

And a dooshe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 06:33PM by bfd.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 13, 2018 09:20PM
Again, I recommend the HBO movie Game Change.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 240
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015