advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I can't keep up. Why did Trump admit to meeting to get dirt on Hiillary?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: August 06, 2018 01:04PM
After he told so many lies denying it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I can't keep up. Why did Trump admit to meeting to get dirt on Hiillary?
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 06, 2018 01:37PM
Because he's an idiot who believes himself to be above the law.

Plus, in his rationalization, everyone does it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 01:38PM by bfd.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 06, 2018 02:07PM
Now that he knows he cannot prevent the truth about the meeting from coming out, he wants to make it clear that it was perfectly legal and that he knew nothing about it. Because random tweets can be a part of a sharp legal defense. RollingEyesSmiley5

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 06, 2018 02:33PM
.....his pants are always on fire.....since he is always......a liar......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 06, 2018 03:50PM
bfd
Because he's an idiot who believes himself to be above the law.

Plus, in his rationalization, everyone does it.

This^.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 06, 2018 04:11PM
His random tweets are eventually going to come back to bite him in his pompous ass.
Date: August 06, 2018 04:28PM
bfd
His random tweets are eventually going to come back to bite him in his pompous ass.
smiley-music039
Date: August 06, 2018 04:50PM

The distance between Trump’s belief that he’s a superstar negotiator who can take on seasoned investigators and bull***t his way out of the Russia investigation is ludicrous, but the very concept represents a broader, more telling point about Trump, our current media climate and America’s changed politics.

If not now, then very soon the president’s lawyers will be eyeing the exits, power-calling their media contacts and having panicked off-the-record conversations, whispering that they never knew just how bad it was going to be. Trump has slipped the leash. He’s gone full rogue, defying not only legal advice but every member of his slope-shouldered claque of shell-shocked, thousand-yard stare advisers. He’s back to tweeting with a manic vigor typically seen only in people equipped with a Red Bull IV drip and a pound of pure Bolivian flake on their desk.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: vision63
Date: August 06, 2018 05:54PM
$tevie

The distance between Trump’s belief that he’s a superstar negotiator who can take on seasoned investigators and bull***t his way out of the Russia investigation is ludicrous, but the very concept represents a broader, more telling point about Trump, our current media climate and America’s changed politics.

If not now, then very soon the president’s lawyers will be eyeing the exits, power-calling their media contacts and having panicked off-the-record conversations, whispering that they never knew just how bad it was going to be. Trump has slipped the leash. He’s gone full rogue, defying not only legal advice but every member of his slope-shouldered claque of shell-shocked, thousand-yard stare advisers. He’s back to tweeting with a manic vigor typically seen only in people equipped with a Red Bull IV drip and a pound of pure Bolivian flake on their desk.
[www.rollingstone.com]

There will be reckoning.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 06, 2018 06:27PM
"Full rogue" is too calm to really explain it. He's gone full bore insane. Not that he really ever was a stable person to begin with.

Interesting thought... will the eventual trial consider an Insanity defense ? And will everyone who enabled his madness come to justice ?

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 06, 2018 08:54PM
vision63
There will be reckoning.

Scary thought: What if there's not?

For all the talk of the "blue wave," the odds are still against the dems taking either the House or the Senate. 538 called this the worst Senate map they've ever seen where there are nearly 30 dem seats in play vs 8 republicans. The dems might take the House and be able to bring articles of impeachment up for a vote, but even if it passes then the Senate has to try it.

Comeuppance may have to wait for some state attorney bringing charges and by then Drumpf's attorneys could easily have some scheme set up to neutralize it through Suprmacy Clause BS or the like.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 06, 2018 09:51PM
The dems might take the House and be able to bring articles of impeachment up for a vote, but even if it passes then the Senate has to try it.

I doubt there would be enough Ds with the slim majority they would (in theory, if successful) garner in the House. Remember, not every D will vote for impeachment, but every nearly every R will vote against it.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 07, 2018 07:16AM
yup, impeachment's always a political, not legal, matter.

& what currently looks like another Teapot Dome-type scandal won't lead to the above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 07:16AM by Bill in NC.
Date: August 07, 2018 09:31AM
Besides, what Democrat in their right mind is willing to have a Pres. Pence.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 07, 2018 10:23AM
For the 1000th time:

Stop pining for impeachment.

Similarly, stop hoping "he's crazy/incompetent."

Don't be "exacerbated."

Vote him out, if you want the process to WORK.
Date: August 07, 2018 01:33PM
Sarcany
vision63
There will be reckoning.

For all the talk of the "blue wave," the odds are still against the dems taking either the House or the Senate. 538 called this the worst Senate map they've ever seen where there are nearly 30 dem seats in play vs 8 republicans. The dems might take the House and be able to bring articles of impeachment up for a vote, but even if it passes then the Senate has to try it.

Comeuppance may have to wait for some state attorney bringing charges and by then Drumpf's attorneys could easily have some scheme set up to neutralize it through Suprmacy Clause BS or the like.

I hate to think it but if things stay the same, we can possibly see the greatest citizens unrest since the civil war.
Date: August 07, 2018 02:51PM
vision63
Sarcany
vision63
There will be reckoning.

I hate to think it but if things stay the same, we can possibly see the greatest citizens unrest since the civil war.

I doubt it. The other side has all the guns and they are ready to use them.

Date: August 07, 2018 07:51PM
Speedy
vision63
Sarcany
vision63
There will be reckoning.

They don't have all the guns. I'm recruiting my tribe now. I need you as an advanced undercover scout.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 07, 2018 09:41PM
Speedy
vision63
Sarcany
vision63
There will be reckoning.

Hardly. They're just the ones who make a big stink whenever the subject of gun control comes up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015