advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Giuliani: New Offer To Mueller May Be 'Last, Best Chance' For Trump Interview (NPR)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 08, 2018 03:31PM

Rudy pets his new assistant, a giant rabbit named 'Harvey'.

Giuliani: New Offer To Mueller May Be 'Last, Best Chance' For Trump Interview
[www.npr.org]

The counteroffer submitted by President Trump to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller may be the "last, best chance" Mueller has to secure Trump's testimony, lawyer Rudy Giuliani told NPR on Wednesday. That doesn't mean it's the White House's final offer or negotiations are closed, Giuliani said — but "if they said yes, we'd do it."

The back-and-forth has been going on for months. Trump has talked publicly about wanting to answer questions. But his lawyers would rather he not — and at the very least, they would like to limit the scope of what he is asked. "I don't think he'd do it over our disagreement, but I don't know," Giuliani said.

The former New York City mayor did say he has the sense that the negotiations between his team and Mueller's are "kind of near the end" and that they could wind up before Sept. 1.

Giuliani said he believes Mueller's office is sensitive about the precedent of 2016 in which then-FBI Director James Comey, whom Trump has since fired, was seen as improperly influencing the election because of the way the FBI conducted its big investigations. "I think he realizes that he'll run into a Comey-like criticism if he lets it stretch beyond September," Giuliani said of Mueller now.

The special counsel's office declined to comment.
(laughter heard in background during call)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 03:33PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Giuliani: New Offer To Mueller May Be 'Last, Best Chance' For Trump Interview (NPR)
Posted by: steve...
Date: August 08, 2018 03:37PM
Team Trumpo will keep stalling as long as they can.

Northern California Coast
Re: Giuliani: New Offer To Mueller May Be 'Last, Best Chance' For Trump Interview (NPR)
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 08, 2018 03:39PM
If there's no agreement, then there's subpoenas. And if there's subpoenas...

Seems to me that a couple of presidencies ago, the Supreme Court said that POTUSs can't avoid testifying just because they're the president.

Sauce for the goose, etc...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 08, 2018 03:51PM
pdq
If there's no agreement, then there's subpoenas. And if there's subpoenas...

Seems to me that a couple of presidencies ago, the Supreme Court said that POTUSs can't avoid testifying just because they're the president.

Sauce for the goose, etc...

More Hoist on Their own Retard.... Ok, Petard...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 08, 2018 04:35PM
Steve G.

Would that Giuliani was 1/2 as kindhearted and thoughful as Elwood P. Dowd.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 08, 2018 06:06PM
DeusxMac
Steve G.

Would that Giuliani was 1/2 as kindhearted and thoughful as Elwood P. Dowd.

Rudely makes up for it by being twice as crazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 299
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015