advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"He doesn't act like a thug. He's just a very nice, average, middle-class teenager."
Posted by: MacMission
Date: January 17, 2006 01:38PM
[www.sun-sentinel.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "He doesn't act like a thug. He's just a very nice, average, middle-class teenager."
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: January 17, 2006 01:45PM
Those thugs aren't going to win any medals for brains either.

"He said two witnesses have told police that Hooks did not strike the man who died, Gaynor. Nor did he strike the man whose attack was captured by a university's security camera and broadcast around the world, he said."

Re: "He doesn't act like a thug. He's just a very nice, average, middle-class teenager."
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 17, 2006 01:46PM
This is a very disheartening story. I could let it confirm all my fears about today's youth, and the violence they are exposed to in movies and video games, and the way we are all becoming so disconnected from each other. But instead I am going to chalk it up as one of those aberrations we sadly see from time to time.
Posted by: threeprong
Date: January 17, 2006 01:46PM
I feel for their parents ....

3P
Posted by: decocritter
Date: January 17, 2006 01:53PM
One of the mother's mouthed "I love you" to her son.

My dad would have been mouthing "When you get out of here, I am going to whip "Your" ass, bully"

The parents just might be part of the problem.

I said might.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2006 01:58PM by decocritter.
Date: January 17, 2006 01:53PM
I don't feel for their parents. They're the ones who created these monsters.

Posted by: the_poochies
Date: January 17, 2006 02:25PM
I thought we were discussing Michael Vick.
Posted by: d0e
Date: January 17, 2006 02:34PM
bad parents, bad kids or a little of both. i hope the judge makes sure than man who had nothing gets some justice
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 17, 2006 02:54PM
Even good parents can have bad kids.

But bad kids still have to pay the price.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: January 17, 2006 03:11PM
Were military recruiters waiting at the door of the courthouse or will the judge give them a choice between jail and enlisting? These are just the kind of kids the Marines are looking for. A population's conscience is only as good as its leader's, never better. We shouldn't ask why things are so bad but why they aren't worse. The light or non-existent accountablity for prisoner abuse & murder by our soldiers is a clear message to society that violence is acceptable.
Posted by: rz
Date: January 17, 2006 03:16PM
Refurbvirgin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Were military recruiters waiting at the door of
> the courthouse or will the judge give them a
> choice between jail and enlisting? These are just
> the kind of kids the Marines are looking for.

You're an ass. The Marines are definitely NOT looking for someone like that.
Date: January 17, 2006 03:18PM
rz Wrote:
> Refurbvirgin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Were military recruiters waiting at the door
> of
> > the courthouse or will the judge give them a
> > choice between jail and enlisting? These are
> just
> > the kind of kids the Marines are looking for.
>
>
> You're an ass. The Marines are definitely NOT
> looking for someone like that.
>

More like Wall Street is looking for guys like this. And i'm not kidding either.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 17, 2006 03:19PM
i thought this was part of a secret welfare reform program
Date: January 17, 2006 03:19PM
Refurbvirgin Wrote:
> Were military recruiters waiting at the door of
> the courthouse or will the judge give them a
> choice between jail and enlisting? These are just
> the kind of kids the Marines are looking for. A
> population's conscience is only as good as its
> leader's, never better. We shouldn't ask why
> things are so bad but why they aren't worse. The
> light or non-existent accountablity for prisoner
> abuse & murder by our soldiers is a clear
> message to society that violence is acceptable.

By the way Loki. SHADDUP.

Date: January 17, 2006 03:31PM
If the Marines aren't looking for kids like that why do they march to chow chanting "Kill, kill, kill" sort of stuff? The purpose of brutal treatment in boot camp is to dehumanize kids and desensitize them to killing. That won't be necessary with these kids. Bush admits killing 30,000 Iraqis (though over 500,000 may have died because of his lies) and shrugs it off as if it's inconsequential, so why shouldn't these kids think killing is acceptable, even admirable, after all the perks & respect society gives Bush?

The last time the military defended our nation was in WWII, and that was a setup too. Since then we've bombed 50 countries, killing six million, overthrown democracy in Iran, Guatemala, and Chile, and still some asses worship our military. We need a strong military, but it's been misused for a long time. Bring the troops home, NOW.

Date: January 17, 2006 03:34PM
WWII was a setup. Why don't you start in with your holocaust denial crap as well. I'm just enjoying the meltdown here.

Posted by: Marcos Malo
Date: January 17, 2006 03:38PM
Ah, the cruelty of children. They do the darndest things!

Date: January 17, 2006 04:15PM
G'man, I've never denied the holocaust. Nor have I denied the killing of millions in our "liberation" of the Phillipines, our "decommunization" of Indonesia, our "defense of democracy" in Vietnam, our complicity in looking the other way when Indonesia slaughtered the East Timorese, our sponsorship of the Iran/Iraq war, or the genocidal theft of native Indian lands. Jews seem to think they're the only ones who've been subjected to "ethnic cleansing." I don't mean to demean your ancestors suffering, only to say they aren't alone. The U.S. has much innocent blood on its hands, and it's because we raise kids like the above. If we taught our children cooperation instead of competition, and didn't pander fear to arouse anger and garner power we might not see incidents like assaults on homeless people. Bush's avowed Christianity is a sham, and because he is not held accountable to Christ's teaching to "love your neighbor as yourself," which is according to Jesus the most important commandment, the rest of our society suffers from lack of moral leadership by example. That was my point: if Bush was not a murderous thug we'd see fewer kids acting like him.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 17, 2006 04:17PM
I think this thread has now become a candidate to be moved to the political side, yes?
Date: January 17, 2006 04:21PM
Loki strikes again.

Posted by: MacMission
Date: January 17, 2006 04:36PM
$tevie Wrote:
> I think this thread has now become a candidate to
> be moved to the political side, yes?

When I started this thread I knew it was of interest and debated which thread to place this link in. You just never know where a thread is going travel. So here we are...
Posted by: rob banzai
Date: January 17, 2006 06:36PM
If I were going to keep a record of crazy-ass things I've read on the internet "WWII was a setup" would definitely be in there. smiling smiley
Date: January 17, 2006 08:21PM
Roosevelt wanted to take us to war against Germany, but knew the country wasn't up for it after the slaughter of WWI. He saw that by embargoing Japan and cutting off its oil, and issuing an ultimatum to withdraw from occupied territories he could force them to attack us, rallying the people to war, and causing Germany & Italy to activate their mutual defense treaties declaring war on us. Japan was challenging our colonies in the Phillipines and elsewhere in the Pacific, and he needed a suitable atrocity to get the exhausted Depression era American people fired up for war. Radar intercepts detected the incoming Japanese planes and we'd broken their code, so we knew they were on there way, but did nothing. It, like 9/11, was part of the aristocracy's plan to drag us to war.

An older friend who was in the Navy during WWII was at Pearl Harbor and said he'd never seen the fleet so concentrated before. Inexplicably the crucial aircraft carriers were out of port on maneuvers however. We had to have a sufficiently tempting target without totally letting down our guard. He believed we were set up for war, just as we were in the first Gulf War, when April Glaspie told Saddam "we have no interest in Arab-Arab conflicts," and that we understood his desire to invade Kuwait because we had been a colonized people at one time. Saddam thought he had Bush I's blessing to become our agent in the gulf, as a counter to Iran, but was suckered into an action intended to be the beginning of the second conquest of Iraq by Western powers.

We are all pawns in the elites world games.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Date: January 17, 2006 08:44PM
As I consider the above I realize that manipulating the economy to provide a vast willing pool of angry unemployed youth is a common tool of the elite to get us peons to go to war. The poverty draft is nothing new. Someday the resentment about jobs being outsourced to China may be used to foment war on them as well. I think our indebtedness to them and reliance on their purchasing dollars to buy oil will restrain us however. They don't have much domestic oil either, so though their gov't has a worse human rights record than Saddam we probably won't try to "liberate" them. MFN status won't even be threatened as long as our corporations can exploit their people's labor cheaply. So much for democratic ideals. Everything goes by the boards when profit is possible.
Date: January 17, 2006 10:24PM
Dude's I'd like to introduce you to Loki. Look up more info on him at AS. This guy is truly certifiable Unabomber material.

Posted by: incognegro
Date: January 17, 2006 10:52PM
the military only wants kids who will attack and kill when THEY SAY SO, not when they want to. understand the difference?

killing Muslims in Iraq, that's the sound of freedom.
killing bums in the USA, that's murder.

Date: January 17, 2006 11:02PM
Guitarman Wrote:
This guy is truly
> certifiable Unabomber material.

Coming from someone who wants to nuke all Arabs because of 9/11 this is truly damning. I'm so ashamed.
Posted by: rz
Date: January 18, 2006 02:24PM
wow, I think I can guess why Refurbvirgin's girlfriend broke up with him... he's psychotic.
Date: January 18, 2006 05:30PM
rz Wrote:
> wow, I think I can guess why Refurbvirgin's
> girlfriend broke up with him... he's psychotic.

Somehow the professionalism of your diagnosis is doubtful, but I'm glad to see you finally learned how to use a spellchecker.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 19, 2006 01:42PM
"He doesn't act like a thug. He's just a very nice, average, middle-class teenager."

They said that about a high school friend of mine when he snapped and killed his GF in her sleep. She was gurgling, and it really annoyed him. He finally snapped.

A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a body. He called the wrong friend......(wasn't me BTW)

I was in school the next morning and my GF was talking about it, as it was about 2 blocks from her house. I chuckled and joked "it sounds like my friend Jeremy" It was.
Date: January 19, 2006 01:49PM
Makes you wonder what Stepford wife Laura goes through sleeping next to "Toad Exploder" George.

Posted by: Marcos Malo
Date: January 19, 2006 04:12PM
Racer X Wrote:
> "He doesn't act like a thug. He's just a very
> nice, average, middle-class teenager."
>
> They said that about a high school friend of mine
> when he snapped and killed his GF in her sleep.
> She was gurgling, and it really annoyed him. He
> finally snapped.

Well, at least he had some justification.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020