advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Commander in Cheat
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 08, 2018 02:28PM
' “Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump,” by longtime Sports Illustrated/ESPN/The Athletic reporter Rick Reilly, will hit shelves next May with what the publisher calls an account of Trump’s “ethics deficit” while on the golf course. The book will reportedly rely not only on Reilly’s firsthand experience playing golf with the president, but also interviews with playing partners, caddies, and others with knowledge of the president’s golf game.

Plenty of people have lavished praise on Trump’s golf game; Sen. Lindsey Graham tweeted last year that Trump “shot a 73 in wet and windy conditions,” and many professional golfers who have played with him have come away with surprise at the president’s skill with the sticks.

However, many without a need to either flatter or seek approval from Trump have painted quite a different picture. At least half a dozen people, from Samuel L. Jackson to Alice Cooper to Oscar de la Hoya, have accused Trump of cheating on the course in one way or another. LPGA golfer Suzann Pettersen had some direct words earlier this year:

“He cheats like hell,” Pettersen said, “so I don’t quite know how he is in business. They say that if you cheat at golf, you cheat at business. I’m pretty sure he pays his caddie well, since no matter how far into the woods he hits the ball, it’s in the middle of the fairway when we get there.” '

[www.yahoo.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Commander in Cheat
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 08, 2018 02:37PM
I've heard he has a guy called "rabbit" who runs ahead and places the ball in a good lie.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 08, 2018 02:55PM
But Mulligan is such a good Irish name.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 08, 2018 03:13PM
Be Best
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 08, 2018 08:48PM
It's all in the ego. People that cheat at golf (or any game of skill) have egos that need to be fed, even it is with a meal of lies and deceit. And those people always cheat elsewhere in life. I suck at golf, but I'm still proud of the time I broke 100. After 3 holes.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 08, 2018 09:56PM
....once a cheater....always a cheater......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 09, 2018 12:44AM
Cheaters never perspire…
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 09, 2018 02:44PM
Cheats on taxes, cheats on wives, cheats on paying employees/contractors, cheats on elections, cheats playing sports... can one of his supporters name a major aspect of his life where he hasn't tried to cheat?

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015