advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Newly Revealed Paid Speeches Leave 'No Question Whatsoever' That Republican Ron DeSantis Is a Racist
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 10, 2018 01:06PM
It's going to be great voting against this guy.

The congressman, who announced Monday he was resigning from his seat to campaign full time against Democrat Andrew Gillum—the Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)-backed, African American mayor of Tallahassee—spoke four times in the last five years at the annual conferences of the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

The group's namesake and leader is the author of a book entitled "Black Skin Privilege and the American Dream," which promotes the notion that white Americans are the victims of a race war. He also wrote on Twitter just last month that "Black Africans enslaved black Africans" while "America freed them sacrificing 350,000 mainly white Union lives."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Newly Revealed Paid Speeches Leave 'No Question Whatsoever' That Republican Ron DeSantis Is a Racist
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: September 10, 2018 01:55PM
Yes encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same!

Yeah I'm sure DeSantis had no idea who David Horowitz was (among his proteges, Stephen Miller)

Long before Trump promised to build a wall, ban Muslims and abandon the Paris climate accord, Horowitz used his tax-exempt group to rail against illegal immigrants, the spread of Islam and global warming. Center officials described Hillary Clinton as evil, President Barack Obama as a secret communist and the Democratic Party as a front for enemies of the United States.

The Freedom Center has declared itself a “School for Political Warfare,” and it is part of a loose nationwide network of like-minded charities linked together by ideology, personalities, conservative funders and websites, including the for-profit Breitbart News.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Southern Poverty Law Center tracks Horowitz as an extremist with anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant views.
[www.splcenter.org]

Someone called Florida "purple ground zero for the 2018 midterms" because both the Senate and Governor's races are dead heats.

I hope Gillum can continue to define himself and not get defined by his opponent (calling him Bernie Sanders-backed is a GOP strategy).
Re: Newly Revealed Paid Speeches Leave 'No Question Whatsoever' That Republican Ron DeSantis Is a Racist
Posted by: p8712
Date: September 10, 2018 02:26PM

I hope Gillum can continue to define himself and not get defined by his opponent (calling him Bernie Sanders-backed is a GOP strategy).

He's a great progressive candidate, and I agree with virtually his entire platform. I hope he wins.
Date: September 10, 2018 02:42PM
p8712

He's a great progressive candidate, and I agree with virtually his entire platform. I hope he wins.

Ditto.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 10, 2018 03:55PM
He's got my vote, but then I'd vote for any candidate not named DeSantis.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: swampy
Date: September 11, 2018 08:28AM
I don't know if you al know that Gillum's former campaign director is under FBI investigation for massive corruption in Tallahassee. He may be in jail befor he is governor.

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 08:38AM by swampy.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 11, 2018 08:40AM
swampy
I don't know if you al know that Gillum's former campaign director is under FBI investigation for massive corruption in Tallahassee. He may be in jail befor he is governor.

I don’t know if you know that according to DeSantis and Co., Gillum himself is under investigation.

Choose your sources wisely.
Date: September 11, 2018 10:02AM
Everything in swampy's comment is incorrect.

Gillum is not now and has not been the subject of an FBI investigation. His former mayoral campaign treasurer from 2016, Adam Corey, is a small=time investor who was/is the target of an FBI sting investigation: Gillum cut all ties with Corey when the investigation was announced.

[www.tampabay.com]
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 11, 2018 10:48AM
2014, not 2016. To quote from the Miami Herald report:

According to documents requested by the investigation and made public by the city, the part of the sprawling probe that’s likely most relevant to Gillum has focused on Corey, a college friend who also briefly served as volunteer treasurer of Gillum’s mayoral run in 2014, and development deals involving the city’s community redevelopment agency.

Read more here: [www.miamiherald.com]
Date: September 11, 2018 08:47PM
JoeH
2014, not 2016. To quote from the Miami Herald report:

According to documents requested by the investigation and made public by the city, the part of the sprawling probe that’s likely most relevant to Gillum has focused on Corey, a college friend who also briefly served as volunteer treasurer of Gillum’s mayoral run in 2014, and development deals involving the city’s community redevelopment agency.

Read more here: [www.miamiherald.com]

Thanks for the correction JoeH.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 12, 2018 01:53PM

And here we have the typical Trumpster.

This Gillum guy is corrupt as can be. He must be because I heard on TruePatriotFreedomNews.ru that he is under FBI investigation for MASSIVE corruption (I mean really, is there any other kind of demo-rat corruption, lol!).

And then will turn around and vilify the same FBI for being corrupt because "they are out to get Trump!"

And at no point will they ever look at these thoughts and think, "hmmm, something isn't right."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 220
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018