advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump cancels visit to Ireland
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 11, 2018 12:13PM

Trump finally calls out those filthy Democrat disease-ridden Papist criminals invading our shores.
MAGAt!

Trump cancels visit to Ireland
[thehill.com]
President Trump’s scheduled trip to Ireland in mid-November has been canceled, an administration source confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday.

No reason was given for the cancellation, although Trump was expected to face protests in Ireland.

Trump had been expected to visit Dublin, the Irish capital, as well as a golf course he owns in Doonberg, County Clare on Ireland's west coast.

Trump had been scheduled to stop in Ireland on his way back from commemorations of Armistice Day in France on Nov. 11.

News of the cancellation was first reported by an Irish national newspaper, The Irish Independent.

The visit would have been Trump’s first to Ireland since becoming president. U.S. politicians, including Trump’s predecessor, former President Obama, have often visited the country, to which around 33 million Americans trace their heritage.

Trump’s visit had been announced late last month, and reportedly took the Irish government by surprise.

Some opposition parties in Ireland had protested the trip taking place at all.

Brendan Howlin, the leader of the Irish Labour Party, accused Trump of being “no friend of democracy and human rights” in an Aug. 31 tweet calling on people to join anti-Trump protests.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump cancels visit to Ireland
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 11, 2018 02:19PM
Ireland cancelled his visa

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 11, 2018 08:05PM
Aw man! Whether it was "Stumps Against Trump" mashed into a wheat field crop circle-style on the president's flight path or a giant orange baby balloon, England's protests against Trump's visit there were inspired and I was really looking forward to seeing what Ireland could come up with to top England.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Posted by: maco
Date: September 12, 2018 12:00PM
Perhaps we could have wished that if he would have kissed the Blarney Stone, he would have gotten the gift of truth.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 12, 2018 12:09PM
maco
Perhaps we could have wished that if he would have kissed the Blarney Stone, he would have gotten the gift of truth.

It's more like he kissed the Baloney Stone.
(probably tongued it, too)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Bo , JoeH , timg
Guests: 211
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018