advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I almost responded to James Woods on Twitter today.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 11, 2018 05:09PM
But thankfully stopped short, of course.

Why bother? Dude's pretty textbook extreme. What's anyone gonna do, "win a point" against him or people like him? And then, rinse and repeat tomorrow?

boring << Not one of my hobbies anymore.

It's Hulu's fault. Due to the pathetic advertising model with online (IP) distribution of TV shows, and the subsequent dearth of advertisers, we ( I don't watch, my kids do ... ) see on a Japanese cartoon a virtual carpet-bombing by Americans For Prosperity of a negative campaign ad, against the Democrat running for Senator (Bredesen).

Because viewers of Japanese cartoons are so very interested in "learning" of all the "wrongdoing" by one former Governor, every few minutes.

Just for fun, I entered a missive in Hulu's online advertising form. Presumably someone will contact me about advertising with Hulu. Or not. And then I went to Twitter (I'm never on Twitter) and thought I'd enter a missive there.

And immediately saw Twitter's suggestion "for who to follow," RealDonaldTrump.

Actually, not at all interested, Twitter. I still don't know how I saw James Woods' post pop up, but it sure seems like my Twitter feed (I follow virtually no one) has morphed into its best approximation of Facebook, "filling in the gaps" so that I maybe kinda see something I like.

Not so much.

The magic of social media is being able to converse with people you don't know. That's its eternal curse, also.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I almost responded to James Woods on Twitter today.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 12, 2018 07:58AM
And while you (and the rest of America) gets stuck bickering with each other online, occasionally doxxing and SWATting one another, the Capitalist Supremacy Machine rolls on, gutting pension funds and eliminating limits on money in politics.

I'm glad you came to your senses. Now volunteer for a campaign of a candidate you believe in, preferably for local office. Preferably not a white dude, if possible.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 12, 2018 09:56AM
....what wood you do..........?

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 12, 2018 11:08AM
I don't think arguing on the internet is completely worthless. It's where the people are.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 12, 2018 04:26PM
Acer
I don't think arguing on the internet is completely worthless.

Yes it is.

Acer

It's where the people are.

No it isn't.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 13, 2018 03:05PM
rj is right. No one is online. Only people in front of you exist. And I mean that quite literally.

It all comes down to energy spent vs. outcomes expected. You can spend an infinite amount of time and energy "correcting" people online, with almost no meaningful result.

That makes old fashioned direct dialog far more effective.

I've been tempted to volunteer for awhile now. My time is limited, but in my defense I will state that I've always voted, and as a participant I'm statistically far ahead of the curve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 253
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015