advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
'I'm Gonna Be President' Cuomo flooding airwaves
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 12, 2018 05:02PM
'I'm Gonna Be President' Cuomo flooding airwaves with ads. The NY primary is tomorrow. He's going to win by at least 20 points, but some people dislike him enough to vote for Cynthia Nixon.

The latest low blow. Andy's ads accuse her of being 'against Israel' (you know what that means here in NY.). She replies, "I'm raising my two kids as Jews." Andy's an old fashioned pol. Watch out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 05:15PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'I'm Gonna Be President' Cuomo flooding airwaves
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 14, 2018 12:16AM
She needed to be shut down.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 16, 2018 04:28PM
Yeah, nobody wants a shrill woman in office.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Date: September 16, 2018 11:59PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Nobody wanted her. She needs to start her own party to backstab.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 17, 2018 01:53PM
vision63
Filliam H. Muffman

Yep, nobody wanted her. Just that she managed to get 4 times the required number of signatures in about 6 weeks to require a primary after less than 25% of the party delegates went for her at the party's convention in May. She did get 35% of the vote in the primary against Cuomo.

She already has a place on the gubernatorial ballot in November, the Working Families Party nominated her by over 90%, they usually nominate the Democratic Party candidate. Nixon has not announced whether she is withdrawing her name from the election after losing the Democratic primary.

So, yeah you're right, nobody wanted her, just a significant portion of the party that are unhappy with Andrew Cuomo.
Date: September 18, 2018 06:17AM
JoeH
vision63
Filliam H. Muffman

Yep, nobody wanted her. Just that she managed to get 4 times the required number of signatures in about 6 weeks to require a primary after less than 25% of the party delegates went for her at the party's convention in May. She did get 35% of the vote in the primary against Cuomo.

She already has a place on the gubernatorial ballot in November, the Working Families Party nominated her by over 90%, they usually nominate the Democratic Party candidate. Nixon has not announced whether she is withdrawing her name from the election after losing the Democratic primary.

So, yeah you're right, nobody wanted her, just a significant portion of the party that are unhappy with Andrew Cuomo.

She didn't come close to competing. She had nothing to say other than a bunch of standard gimme it for free slogans with no pathways to any kind of viability. Unless I'm missing something. I checked out her platform. She was negative, trashed Democrats more than Republicans.

She's a pretty good actor. I'll give her that.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 18, 2018 06:17PM
Cuomo has been an embarrassment lately. Voter disenfranchisement is still a major issue in New York primaries. I haven't heard if Nixon has decided to stay on the ballot as the Working Families candidate. She could tip it to the Republicans if she gets more than the 512k votes in the primary.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 215
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015