Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Today's mass shooting: 5 dead in CA rampage
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 13, 2018 06:28AM
Kill everything- with your gun!

[nypost.com]
A man killed five people during a shooting rampage in Bakersfield, California before ultimately turning the weapon on himself once he was cornered by a deputy, a report said.

The rampage started when the suspect and his wife entered a trucking business near a gun shop at around 8 p.m. and opened fire on a man inside — killing him, according to The Bakersfield Californian.

The gunman then trained the weapon on his wife, fatally shooting her inside the business as well.

The husband then shot and killed a third victim, a man who confronted him at the scene, before fleeing and driving to a house nearby.

Once at the home, the suspect gunned down two men inside before hijacking a vehicle.

A woman and child were inside the vehicle at the time but managed to escape without injury.

As the gunman was driving away he was spotted by a deputy and suddenly pulled into a parking lot, where he shot himself in the chest and died.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today's mass shooting: 5 dead in CA rampage
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 13, 2018 07:33AM
What elfin' country am I in?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 13, 2018 08:03AM
Is this gun madness catching like measles? What is happening to us? Going as crazy as 45?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 13, 2018 09:59AM
Does it disturb anyone else that these things barely even rate news coverage anymore because it's become so commonplace?

We don't even get thoughts and prayers anymore...and where was the President with guns ablazin' running at the gunman to protect everyone? Where were all of the "good guys with guns?" How come they didn't stop this?

soapbox smiley

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 13, 2018 10:38AM
Markintosh
Does it disturb anyone else that these things barely even rate news coverage anymore because it's become so commonplace?

We don't even get thoughts and prayers anymore...and where was the President with guns ablazin' running at the gunman to protect everyone? Where were all of the "good guys with guns?" How come they didn't stop this?

soapbox smiley

Like 45's antics we are growing numb to these shootings. I had not heard of it till I read here on the FORUM. I have to echo your thoughts....what are we as a society becoming? Not only being shooters but ignoring the enormity of shootings.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2018 02:49PM
The guy was upset. Anyway, he shot himself so all is well that ends well.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 13, 2018 03:10PM
Speedy
... Anyway, he shot himself so all is well that ends well.

Your quality of sarcasm can take a learned ear. I appreciate that. And so I'm trying on this one.

But overall I'm really not onboard with it here, OK?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 13, 2018 06:07PM
deckeda
Speedy
... Anyway, he shot himself so all is well that ends well.

Your quality of sarcasm can take a learned ear. I appreciate that. And so I'm trying on this one.

But overall I'm really not onboard with it here, OK?

Gunners gotta kill. It's their 2nd Amendment right.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018