advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Seriously, people, evolve or die. Time’s up on the being a dick thing. 60 Minutes Exec Producer gone.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 13, 2018 10:23AM
Already under scrutiny for sexual harassment, Jeff Phager [Acually spelled with an “F”, but forum software redacts that spelling], Executive Producer of 60 Minutes, sent a threatening text message to Jericka Duncan, a reporter covering Ronan Farrow’s stories regarding misconduct by Les Moonves and Phager. And now, he’s out.

The text read, in part,
“"Be careful... There are people who lost their jobs trying to harm me, and if you pass on these damaging claims without your own reporting to back them up, that will become a serious problem."”

As with the allegations of sexual harassment, Phager was truculent.

“"My language was harsh and, despite the fact that journalists receive harsh demands for fairness all the time, CBS did not like it," he said. "One such note should not result in termination after 36 years, but it did."”

It’s a new day. The price for being a pendejo is getting steeper and steeper. The old excuses, the old hiding places, are getting crossed off one by one. Bullet proof is not so bullet proof. The putzes of all types will never leave us altogether, but we’re moving towards a day when the bullies and the haters and the ‘hunters’ better start to pray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2018 12:16PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Seriously, people, evolve or die. Time’s up on the being a dick thing. 60 Minutes Exec Producer gone.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2018 10:35AM
.....saw that yesterday afternoon.......there were also many stories after the Charlie Rose ousting that he protected men accused of such things and buried those who came forth with allegations.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Seriously, people, evolve or die. Time’s up on the being a dick thing. 60 Minutes Exec Producer gone.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 13, 2018 11:09AM
Interesting word you used there, pendejo, I think both the Caribbean Islands and Mexican Spanish meanings apply in this case.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 13, 2018 02:18PM
Pendejo is not just Mexican or Caribbean... trust me - I've been married to a lovely Hondurana for 33 years. I know what Pendejo means (both literally and figuratively).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 13, 2018 03:59PM
Oh, I get it. Just kept myself from going down the google rabbit hole after the various figurative meanings in different regional versions of Spanish. It was beginning to look like the Spanish version of statements like England and the US being two countries separated by a common language.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018