advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Speedy, is this perv your rep?
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 21, 2018 09:06PM
MN Rep. Jim Knoblach ends campaign ahead of MPR abuse allegations story
Knoblach's daughter, Laura, alleges that the prominent legislator inappropriately touched her for most of her life, behavior she confided to close friends, family and authority figures at her school and church for more than a decade.

She said she decided to tell her story to MPR News after exhausting other means to hold her father accountable, including a 2017 investigation by local law enforcement. No charges resulted. She provided MPR News with extensive documentation about her attempts to get help.

[www.mprnews.org]

Knoblach sounds like a disgusting creep. I hate hearing about this kind of abuse.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speedy, is this perv your rep?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 21, 2018 10:32PM
Rep. Knoblach represents District 14B and I live in 14A. In Minnesota we have two representatives per senate district but, of course, we can only vote for the representative in our sub-district.

Knoblach was the most vulnerable state house member in the entire Sixth Congressional District, the most conservative of the eight congressional districts in the state. Every single state senator and state representative in the entire Sixth is a Republican. He was vulnerable only because of a 14k student body university located entirely within his district. Last election he won by only a few dozen votes after having received $100k in support from the Koch brothers during that campaign. The state donation limit is $1k so the Koch money was spent independently of his campaign.

A month or so ago we donated the state limit to his DFL opponent (a former student of my wife's). We donated nothing to our sub-district's DFL state representative's campaign because he has zero chance of defeating the Republican incumbent.

This is certainly not the way I want to see a candidate I'm backing win an election.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 21, 2018 10:53PM
His daughter should have gone to the FBI when this started.
Date: September 21, 2018 11:03PM
Dennis S

Not a federal crime - nor even a state crime. Like Al Franken's touching women's buttocks, Knoblach did nothing criminal.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 21, 2018 11:40PM
Speedy
Dennis S

Not a federal crime - nor even a state crime. Like Al Franken's touching women's buttocks, Knoblach did nothing criminal.

I was being sarcastic. Like Trump thinking a 15-year-old should go to the authorities, this girl was probably much, much younger.
Date: September 22, 2018 07:09AM
Dennis S
Speedy
Dennis S

I was being sarcastic. Like Trump thinking a 15-year-old should go to the authorities, this girl was probably much, much younger.

thumbs up

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 22, 2018 08:40AM
"ST. PAUL, Minn. — Minnesota state Rep. Jim Knoblach abruptly ended his re-election campaign Friday amid allegations of inappropriate touching from his adult daughter."
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 22, 2018 09:25AM
Yet another family values republican.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 232
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018