advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rallies turning into TV News Show format
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 22, 2018 10:36AM
Judge Pirrot, Laura Ingrahm and Lou Dobbs said FIRE ROSENSTEIN. They are advisors to the prez.. Hannity is smiley-talk034 to the president.

...From Brian Stelter, CNN
Fox News has been simulcasting President Trump's campaign rallies for months now, but this is something new: A pre-game show hosted by Sean Hannity inside the arena.

Hannity hosted his show from Trump's rally site in Las Vegas on Thursday night, complete with special guests like Jeanine Pirro and Sara Carter. His hour really had the feel of a pep rally, both for the crowd and for the audience at home. There was cheering for Trump's priorities and booing for his enemies. Best or worst of all, there was the promise of a Trump interview at the end of the hour. "COMING UP," the on-screen banner said, "ONE-ON-ONE WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP."

Watching Hannity's show, I had to wonder, was this a Bill Shine production?

Warming up the crowd...

Keep in mind: Hannity has been locked in a day-by-day battle for first place against MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. So this pep rally may have given him a real boost. Hannity had a dedicated set at one end of the arena, just like Fox's Pete Hegseth did when Hegseth had a pre-rally interview with Trump earlier this month. I felt like Hegseth was the warm-up act. The twist, this time, was that Hannity's interview happened live...

Trump's performance

At the very end of Hannity's hour, 9:59 p.m., Trump walked up to the set. Hannity repeatedly thanked 10 p.m. host Laura Ingraham "for giving us extra time to interview the president." Trump waved to the crowd. Hannity gestured to the back and told him to "wave to the fake news media." I bet the Fox News crew back in the press pen really liked that.

Trump, ever the performer, grabbed a mic and asked if he should sit or stand for the chat. "Stand," he decided. He looked around and figured out which camera had the two-shot. All of a sudden, the two men looked like equals -- like co-hosts -- rather than interviewer and interviewee.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rallies turning into TV News Show format
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 22, 2018 12:14PM
samintx
… All of a sudden, the two men looked like equals -- like co-hosts -- rather than interviewer and interviewee.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumbf…
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 22, 2018 12:18PM
WWE has a similar format.
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 22, 2018 01:27PM
Yeah, but they have lots of smoke and plenty of chairs getting thrown around. (Cue Dumbfster fire…)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 22, 2018 01:32PM
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 22, 2018 11:21PM
Rally the base to vote. Save us (me) from the deep state! This is a crisis! They are out to get us (me)!
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 23, 2018 12:20PM
Persecution complex is a key indicator of a cult.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018