advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Been watching a lot of Beto, very impressive dude
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: September 23, 2018 09:03PM
This guy is so damn solid and studied..and his presentation is energetic and strong and almost flawless.

Extremely impressive.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Been watching a lot of Beto, very impressive dude
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 23, 2018 10:21PM
I was saying the same thing to my son. I think he's going to be a strong candidate for 2020 thanks to his next 2 months of 'seasoning', even if he loses to Cruz.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 23, 2018 10:28PM
I've been saying that we needed a newcomer to show up unexpectedly out of left field. Here he is!

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 23, 2018 10:44PM
He referenced The Clash, so he's all hip with the...Gen Xers, anyway. winking smiley
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 24, 2018 08:38AM
Well we have 2 BETO advocates on my short street.others around the neighborhood.smiley-music039 I liked his presentation in the recent debate. Sure and steady.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: September 24, 2018 09:08AM
re: presentation

Hate to sound cynical but that's a key feature most Democrats have lacked over the years. People respond positively to anyone who puts on a decent performance. Look who they elected in 2016: they want entertainment in order to pay attention.

I'm not saying Beto doesn't have substance, he surely does!, but so does John Kerry, to name one example of b-o-r-i-n-g.

I think it's a reason why some are still drawn to Biden. He's got a "rough 'n tumble" cocksure image (and that hilariously fake Trans Am photoshop meme) that many gravitate towards.

I'm not saying the voting public "should" replace whatever their own inadequacies may be with a stand-in's perceived strengths, but I'm saying that's what happens.

And that's fine when the electorate knows it needs an actual leader, not so much when the electorate has self esteem issues they hope "a real man" fixes for them.
Date: September 24, 2018 12:34PM
Good points/ good post, deckeda. Thanks.

Posted by: Kraniac
Date: September 24, 2018 02:19PM
deckeda

Hate to sound cynical but that's a key feature most Democrats have lacked over the years. People respond positively to anyone who puts on a decent performance. Look who they elected in 2016: they want entertainment in order to pay attention.

I'm not saying Beto doesn't have substance, he surely does!, but so does John Kerry, to name one example of b-o-r-i-n-g.

I think it's a reason why some are still drawn to Biden. He's got a "rough 'n tumble" cocksure image (and that hilariously fake Trans Am photoshop meme) that many gravitate towards.

I'm not saying the voting public "should" replace whatever their own inadequacies may be with a stand-in's perceived strengths, but I'm saying that's what happens.

And that's fine when the electorate knows it needs an actual leader, not so much when the electorate has self esteem issues they hope "a real man" fixes for them.

Disagree...fervently..John Kerry??? LOL..Beto absolutely looms over Kerry in terms of energy..not even a close call..sort of surprised that anyone could say this..totally different beasts.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 24, 2018 02:33PM
I'm 100% behind Beto, but I haven't kept up with him. My initial reaction is that he is the Democrats' Marco Rubio. Am I wrong?
Date: September 24, 2018 02:34PM
Kraniac
deckeda

Disagree...fervently..John Kerry??? LOL..Beto absolutely looms over Kerry in terms of energy..not even a close call..sort of surprised that anyone could say this..totally different beasts.
That's why he said "one example of b-o-r-i-n-g." Go back and read it slower.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 24, 2018 03:41PM
deckeda
...when the electorate has self esteem issues they hope "a real man" fixes for them.

Like the Russians and their Putin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 305
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015