advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What has Trump accomplished?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 07, 2018 02:55PM
That is positive?

I occasionally see misinformed (in my opinion) Trump supporters say/post that Trump has accomplished more in two years than any other president (or more than Obama in 8 years, etc.).

Serious question.

Other than the gutting of the EPA and a rollback of environmental regulations, which I believe is a negative not a positive but I guess supporters could see that as a positive, I don't see him as accomplishing anything at all.

I'm familiar with the negatives (pissing off our allies, emboldening bigots and misogynists, cutting taxes for the ultra wealthy while jacking up the national debt, starting a trade war, etc.).

Are there any actual positive accomplishments that I have missed?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What has Trump accomplished?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 07, 2018 03:01PM
AllGold
Are there any actual positive accomplishments that I have missed?

When he speaks, the Untied Nations breaks out laughing.

Laughter is good, right?

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 07, 2018 03:05PM
Changed the name of NAFTA. Gave Kim a big boost in return for nothing. Alienated most of our allies/EU/NATO.
and

emboldened Putin's autocratic kleptocracy to attack The West through digital and physical espionage.

Carried the Tiki Torch for the White Right.
Gave cover to the Republican giving a Trillion Dollars to the rich by throwing us further into debt.

[edit] Locked up and permanently traumatized thousands and thousand of kids in cages, even today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 03:09PM by Steve G..
Posted by: max
Date: October 07, 2018 03:08PM
You have already predetermined your answer, what is the point of your question?....
He did not promise to achieve your goals and surely, he did not promise to enshrine Hillary's cabal into power, did he?...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 07, 2018 03:28PM
I looked for an answer in Max's post, but didn't seem to find one. I sure can't think of one positive thing he's done.
Date: October 07, 2018 03:48PM
Dennis S
I looked for an answer in Max's post, but didn't seem to find one. I sure can't think of one positive thing he's done.

Trump or Max?
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: October 07, 2018 04:25PM
The following government website should provide you with the answers you want:
President Donald J Trump's 500 Days of American Greatness (no kidding, that's the title)
Date: October 07, 2018 04:58PM
Steve G.
Dennis S

Trump or Max?

Well, Max does post pictures of food from time to time.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 07, 2018 05:18PM
Steve G.
Dennis S

Trump or Max?

Yes
Date: October 07, 2018 05:51PM
S. Pupp
President Donald J Trump's 500 Days of American Greatness (no kidding, that's the title)

Thank you. Just as I thought. Bupkis.

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 07, 2018 05:56PM
S. Pupp

Interesting list.. very few of the items are actually measurable. Just general statements and calling plans for the future an accomplishment.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 07, 2018 06:31PM
If we're being honest, he hasn't totally wrecked the economy (yet)

Unemployment levels are very low (not withstanding the quality of the jobs).

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: billb
Date: October 07, 2018 07:13PM
Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma
Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—highest ever.
Retail sales surged last month, up another 6% over last year.
Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion dollars poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
Opened ANWR & Approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
Record number of regulations eliminated.
Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.e reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs--saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
Signed Right-To-Try Legislation.
Secured $6 billion dollars in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16% during my first year in office.
Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
Increased our coal exports by 60%; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
Secured record $700 billion dollars in military funding; $716 billion next year.
NATO allies are spending $69 billion dollars more on defense since 2016.
Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the armed forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch; Nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
Issued executive order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
Concluded an historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
Reached a breakthrough agreement with the EU to increase U.S. exports.
Imposed tariffs on foreign Steel & Aluminum to protect our national security.
Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion dollars this year.
Improved vetting & screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Official White House Tally.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 07, 2018 08:06PM
Real minimum wages have been dropping since 2010. Real wages have been stagnant even with the recent supposed record low unemployment. The middle class still hasn't recovered from the millions of government workers that lost their jobs between 2007 and 2009. Many of the highest paid essentially took early retirement and have since aged out of the demographic that might be considered looking for work.

Jobs in coal have leveled off after gaining about 7% from the record low in 2016. I am pretty sure that industry has peaked and will never see more than 55k jobs again.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Date: October 07, 2018 09:22PM
Keep combing up that hair, bill

It'll never be a bouffant as cool as Mom's.
Date: October 07, 2018 09:28PM
On the prosperity claims, it's difficult to attribute those to Trump when the economy was already booming when he took office. Like Rolando said, about all you can say is the economy hasn't cratered.

Otherwise, there are a lot of so-called accomplishments that can be disputed.

For example:

"Record number of regulations eliminated."

Not all regulations are bad. Has the baby been thrown out with the bath water?

"Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election."

Lifted, or cut off?

"Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord."

Job-killing? Seriously? What jobs did it kill? Now the U.S. is the only major country not in the Accord. That is NOT an accomplishment.

"Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan."

Newsflash, the energy industry as a whole is against coal.

"Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal."

"Horrible?" It certainly could have been better, but Trump, the great dealmaker, has done nothing to improve the situation. He just pulls out of agreements and has no idea how to negotiate better alternatives.

"My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans."

They're only more affordable because they don't actually cover anything. They trick people into a false sense of security until they have a medical issue that they find out is not covered, so the "more affordable" money they were paying turns into a handout to the insurance company.

I could go on but there's little point.

Date: October 07, 2018 10:52PM
billb
Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma
Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—highest ever.
Retail sales surged last month, up another 6% over last year.
Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion dollars poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
Opened ANWR & Approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
Record number of regulations eliminated.
Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.e reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs--saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
Signed Right-To-Try Legislation.
Secured $6 billion dollars in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16% during my first year in office.
Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
Increased our coal exports by 60%; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
Secured record $700 billion dollars in military funding; $716 billion next year.
NATO allies are spending $69 billion dollars more on defense since 2016.
Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the armed forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch; Nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
Issued executive order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
Concluded an historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
Reached a breakthrough agreement with the EU to increase U.S. exports.
Imposed tariffs on foreign Steel & Aluminum to protect our national security.
Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion dollars this year.
Improved vetting & screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Official White House Tally.

How do I get this off my iPhone and onto my garden?
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 07, 2018 10:53PM
Almost 4 million jobs created since election. Inherited economy; thanks Obama, thanks Trump for not screwing it up, enjoy it while it lasts.

More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history. Inherited economy

We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election. Inherited economy

Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES. Inherited economy

Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent. Inherited economy

New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low. Inherited economy

Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded. Inherited economy

African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded. Inherited economy

Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded. Inherited economy

Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded. Inherited economy

Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years. Inherited economy

Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century. Inherited economy

Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma Inherited economy

Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years. Inherited economy

Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election. Inherited economy

The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education. Pledge, not results yet.

95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—highest ever. They are until they aren't. Opinions don't pay the bills.

Retail sales surged last month, up another 6% over last year. Inherited economy

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion dollars poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone. Everybody loves low taxes, but what about the deficit?

As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years. Everybody loves low taxes, but what about the deficit?

Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. Yeah, and my son won his soccer game this week. What did Trump do here?

Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup. What did Trump do here?

Opened ANWR & Approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines. Bad policy propping up failing fossil fuel economy.

Record number of regulations eliminated. What was the criteria? How many is too many? Is my food safe to eat?

Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions. Yay congress. Like a Democrat would not sign this bill. Or if they wouldn't, what else was hidden it?

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE. We all pay a little so no has to pay too much. That's what insurance does.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans. Bringing back the crap plans that only work if you are healthy

Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. Thanks, but I'll bet don't want to see the details on this

And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases. You or the stunningly bad publicity from 400% price hikes on epipens?

Reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs--saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone. Yay congress. Bet this was bipartisan

Signed Right-To-Try Legislation. "The right to try legislation will score the president and members on both sides of the aisle in Congress points, but ultimately it will change little for terminally ill patients and their families."

Secured $6 billion dollars in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic. Yay. Very liberal of you...or is all for law enforcement, not treatment?

We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16% during my first year in office. Yay!

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics and same-day urgent primary and mental health care. Yay. Like most of the good legislation on this list, I'm guessing it was bipartisan

Increased our coal exports by 60%; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high. Huzzah for the short term, but at what cost for the future?

United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957. This has been building for 15 years.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord. The rest of world think's it's important,

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan. Pander to a dying industry

Secured record $700 billion dollars in military funding; $716 billion next year. This is not a good thing

NATO allies are spending $69 billion dollars more on defense since 2016. Spiffy, but they were already doing much of this before Trump took credit for it all.

Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the armed forces. Why?

Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration. Thanks, McConnell!

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch; Nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh. One stolen, the other a low-quality insult to the American people

Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal. The old one was working fine

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. Unnecessary grandstanding

Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court. Shooting all the brown people would work too, doesn't make the method moral

Issued executive order to keep open Guantanamo Bay. So?

Concluded an historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak. Rename, rearrange the winners and losers lists, call it a day.

Reached a breakthrough agreement with the EU to increase U.S. exports. Pissing off allies is the way to lead

Imposed tariffs on foreign Steel & Aluminum to protect our national security. And kicked the industries that buy steel and aluminum in the groin

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices. This tariff war is not over yet; too soon to declare victory.

Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion dollars this year. Inherited economy?

Improved vetting & screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement. Does this include improving the concentration camps for minors?

We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME. Democrats do not want open borders and why are you suddenly shouting?
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 08, 2018 10:35AM
Well done Acer.

=wr=
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 08, 2018 11:11AM
AllGold
Like Rolando said, about all you can say is the economy hasn't cratered.

YET
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 08, 2018 11:57AM
billb

There are now more Americans, than ever before in our history.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 08, 2018 02:28PM
Those two SCOTUS confirmations Trump everything, even the unneeded 'debt boosting tax cuts for the rich and corporations act.'

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 08, 2018 06:57PM
billb, try reading (and comprehending) the link from Steve G's post above.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 09, 2018 08:03AM
....nada.....except tear down all that is good that has been built over the years......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 09, 2018 04:08PM
What Trump has accomplished:

Pissed off the "libtards."

What else matters?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 286
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018