advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Will Marijuana legalization bring out the Dem voters in MI,ND, (med use MO,UT)
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 09, 2018 04:54PM
I was wondering whether these referendums on the ballot will swell numbers of Democrats turning out. Wadda you think?

longer article=> [apnews.com]
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Backers of broad marijuana legalization are looking to break through a geographic barrier in November and get their first foothold in the Midwest after a string of election victories in Northeastern and Western states.

Michigan and North Dakota, where voters previously authorized medical marijuana, will decide if the drug should be legal for any adult 21 and older. They would become the 10th and 11th states to legalize so-called recreational marijuana since 2012, lightning speed in political terms.

Meantime, Missouri and Utah will weigh medical marijuana, which is permitted in 31 states after voters in conservative Oklahoma approved such use in June. Even if Utah’s initiative is defeated, a compromise reached last week between advocates and opponents including the Mormon church would have the Legislature legalize medical marijuana.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will Marijuana legalization bring out the Dem voters in MI,ND, (med use MO,UT)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 09, 2018 06:13PM
No. People who want to restrict its use will turn out in greater numbers. But I have no data to support that, I'm just blowing smoke.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Will Marijuana legalization bring out the Dem voters in MI,ND, (med use MO,UT)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 10, 2018 06:43AM
the short answer I think, is yes. In Massachusetts, we had more interest and I believe a slightly higher turnout because of the referendum but there was also that matter of the presidential election.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 10, 2018 07:20AM
mrbigstuff
... a slightly higher turnout because of the referendum...

I get what you did there,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 254
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015