advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
the nitty gritty of a political campaign
Posted by: deckeda
Date: October 09, 2018 08:30PM
Candidate R learned that his opponent (Candidate D) would be visiting "a Muslim event," whereupon Candidate R was quoted as saying, "I'd love to get a picture of that!"

Candidate D was giving a stump speech at a restaurant, but for some reason it was assumed he was visiting a mosque or I dunno, maybe reading from the Koran?

[www.tennessean.com]

Now, why do you think Candidate R wanted pictures of that?

(Note: Candidate D tweeted a picture of himself at the event, in case you decide to misinterpret the news as wanting to "hide" his participation.)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the nitty gritty of a political campaign
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: October 09, 2018 11:32PM
deckeda
Candidate R learned that his opponent (Candidate D) would be visiting "a Muslim event," whereupon Candidate R was quoted as saying, "I'd love to get a picture of that!"

I asked about taking pics when I toured some mosques a few years ago, but was told that it wasn't appropriate. Missed capturing some lovely frescoes.

Posted by: Acer
Date: October 10, 2018 11:12AM
Wow, the liberty-loving Right is triggered by falafels now.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: October 10, 2018 11:39AM
Acer
Wow, the liberty-loving Right is triggered by falafels now.

It used to be just Billo Really.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: max
Date: October 11, 2018 11:14PM
Sarcany
deckeda

I asked about taking pics when I toured some mosques a few years ago, but was told that it wasn't appropriate. Missed capturing some lovely frescoes.
I have not have had any problems taking pictures inside the mosques, neither here, nor in Turkey, with the exception of the actual prayer services.
Oh, and the time during the prayer I was not in line with all other prostrating bodies...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 240
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015