advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Foxcon jobs
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 06, 2018 08:23AM
Word is they are bringing in Chinese...no Americans qualified.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Foxcon jobs
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 06, 2018 08:29AM
The usual scam.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 06, 2018 10:31AM
I hadn't read much about this boondoggle but WOW. Scott Walker is a much bigger idiot than I originally thought.
Foxconn has completely changed their original plan, for which they got an eye-popping, record-breaking $4 billion in incentives from the state. $230k per promised job. The state will never recover this investment, not even close.

All this means Foxconn needs far fewer assembly line workers. “If, six months ago, you asked me, what would be the mix of labor? I would pull out the experience that we have in China and say, ‘Well, 75 percent assembly line workers, 25 percent engineers and managers,’” Woo said. But “now it looks like about 10 percent assembly line workers, 90 percent knowledge workers.”

Almost all the actual assembly line work, he added, will be done by robots.

That’s an astonishing change to the company’s plans. For starters, it ends the hope of local politicians that lower-skilled, mostly minority workers from Racine and Milwaukee might be able to get a job.

[www.theverge.com]

And yes they won't have enough local people to fill those particular high skilled jobs, Americans with those skills are not excited to move to Racine, WI...so of course they are going to have to hire skilled immigrants like every tech company in the US does. Had the state not so grotesquely overpaid in incentives this would still be a very good thing for the local economy. But wow. what a cluster.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 06, 2018 10:33AM
cbelt3
The usual scam.

Your Ohio governor was very smart not to fall for Foxconn's con. He wisely said thanks but no thanks.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 06, 2018 11:01AM
Walker is going to go down as one of the worst governors ever for WI
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 06, 2018 11:39AM
samintx

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha immigrant labor.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 06, 2018 12:22PM
rjmacs
samintx

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha immigrant labor.

Robots made in China?

Not sure why the use of robots is such a surprise, their intention to fully automate their factories was announced almost two years ago.

[fortune.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 06, 2018 12:43PM
Lemon Drop
cbelt3
The usual scam.

Your Ohio governor was very smart not to fall for Foxconn's con. He wisely said thanks but no thanks.
Yeah, Kasich would have been a good President. Pity. One of few 'Red States' that actually expanded Medicare and allowed the ACA to work properly. And thus my two older than 26 year old underemployed children have health care.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: November 06, 2018 12:57PM
Wisconsin has a whole lot of uniformed voters who have kept Walker employed. Madison is an oasis of calm in a troubled state.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 06, 2018 01:55PM
cbelt3
Lemon Drop
cbelt3
The usual scam.

Yeah, Kasich would have been a good President. Pity. One of few 'Red States' that actually expanded Medicare and allowed the ACA to work properly. And thus my two older than 26 year old underemployed children have health care.

I don't agree with a lot of stands Kasich takes on the issues but he is smart and he seems to want government to help people (just has ideas on how to get it done that are significantly different from mine). And he seems like he would pass my "likeable neighbor" test - somebody that outside of politics I would probably like pretty well as a neighbor.
Posted by: max
Date: November 06, 2018 03:50PM
Ted King
I don't agree with a lot of stands Kasich takes on the issues .
Apparently, the Democratic Party apparatchiks agreed with your position and instead of a principled and moral candidate like Kasich, or Sanders decided that an utterly corrupt warmonger, like Clinton, was a better representative of your values....
Date: November 06, 2018 03:52PM
Ammo
Wisconsin has a whole lot of uniformed voters who have kept Walker employed..

Is Wisconsin a universal conscription state?...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 06, 2018 03:57PM
max
Apparently, the Democratic Party apparatchiks agreed...instead of a principled and moral candidate like Kasich... decided...Clinton, was a better representative of your values....

huh smiley
Kasich is a life-long Republican.
Date: November 06, 2018 10:43PM
Great.

So there is one Republican I could support....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 263
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018