advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Fox News stumping for Trump.... Screw Fair and Balanced, we're going All In !
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 06, 2018 08:38AM
Appearing ON THE PODIUM at Trump campaign events.

These people are NOT journalists. They are not "News Media". They are propagandists in the tradition of Joseph Goebbels. They should be denied media ID. This is disgusting.

Remember when Dan Rather got beat up at the Democratic National Convention ? And now we have 'news media' people kissing Trump's ass up on the stage ?

barf smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fox News stumping for Trump.... Screw Fair and Balanced, we're going All In !
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 06, 2018 08:53AM
Everybody knows Faux News is the very, very effective propaganda arm of the Republicans. As is the 91% of talk radio that is alt.right.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 08:54AM by Speedy.
Re: Fox News stumping for Trump.... Screw Fair and Balanced, we're going All In !
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 06, 2018 10:24AM
There is no agitprop machine like Faux News. The Dems can only wish they had something that so deeply infiltrated the minions… of course, it doesn't take much content to get that group going.

As long as it has no more than three syllables (U-S-A, Build that wall, Lock her up…) the minions can understand it.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 06, 2018 10:35AM
Well there's MSNBC. That is the liberal Fox News. But the commentators don't go on the campaign trail stumping for candidates as far as I know. They do it on TV instead.
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 06, 2018 10:39AM
Lemon Drop
Well there's MSNBC. That is the liberal Fox News. But the commentators don't go on the campaign trail stumping for candidates as far as I know. They do it on TV instead.

MSNBC does not compare to Fox. Not even close.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 06, 2018 10:57AM
MSNBC doesn't just routinely make @#$%& up.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 06, 2018 11:04AM
Pam
Lemon Drop

If a person is getting all or most of their "news" at MSNBC, they are not going to have a good understanding of the world. The liberal bias is very strong, I would argue it's just as strong as the conservative bias at Fox. It is a different style, to be sure, but from a bias standpoint they are opposite sides of the same coin. Many of the pundits on MSNBC use drama and emotion to drive their arguments, but are very light on facts. Fact checkers routinely find false claims flying around unchecked at MSNBC.

Compare it to say NPR or PBS News Hour or CBS News, which is mostly just the facts ma'am. It's not nearly as entertaining, which is the draw of box Fox News and MSNBC. People want drama and they want their worldviews reinforced. That's what you get from the cable pundits.

I enjoy some MSNBC shows, such as Maddow. I think she's fantastic. Brilliant. She also promotes liberal candidates very openly. I think Chris Hayes does some good reporting too. These are pundits, not journalists.
Some others on that network are just really full of it. It's infotainment, American style.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 06, 2018 11:06AM
Remember that Hannity, Limbaugh, et al define themselves as entertainers, not journalists, when ever they come under fire for fake news. Trump's last job was to entertain. Reagan was an actor by trade before politics. Ollie North's next job after treason was to become a right-wing radio host along side Rush and Sean.

The Party of Reason's greatest political heroes are entertainers.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 06, 2018 11:22AM
Lemon Drop
Pam
Lemon Drop

If a person is getting all or most of their "news" at MSNBC, they are not going to have a good understanding of the world. The liberal bias is very strong, I would argue it's just as strong as the conservative bias at Fox. It is a different style, to be sure, but from a bias standpoint they are opposite sides of the same coin. Many of the pundits on MSNBC use drama and emotion to drive their arguments, but are very light on facts. Fact checkers routinely find false claims flying around unchecked at MSNBC. ...

Very rare for a "talking head" at MSNBC to rely upon emotion/drama with no facts.

MSNBC pundits use/cite facts more often than not by a large margin. Same cannot be said of Faux News. They aren't in the same league.

Posted by: hal
Date: November 06, 2018 12:23PM
Dennis S
MSNBC doesn't just routinely make @#$%& up.

Maybe not, but both Fox and MSNBC tell the story that supports their world view - facts to the contrary don't make it to the air. They are NOT fair and balanced.

Just because they happen to match YOUR world view doesn't make them fair.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 06, 2018 12:51PM
Acer
Ollie North's next job after treason was to become a right-wing radio host along side Rush and Sean.

AND now President of the NRA; don't forget that.
Date: November 06, 2018 01:00PM
BTW, Hannity said yesterday that he was there TO COVER the rally, not partake in it.

“FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement. “We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”

[www.politico.com] (what an @#$%&!)
Date: November 06, 2018 01:21PM
Lemon Drop
Pam
Lemon Drop

If a person is getting all or most of their "news" at MSNBC, they are not going to have a good understanding of the world. The liberal bias is very strong, I would argue it's just as strong as the conservative bias at Fox. It is a different style, to be sure, but from a bias standpoint they are opposite sides of the same coin. Many of the pundits on MSNBC use drama and emotion to drive their arguments, but are very light on facts. Fact checkers routinely find false claims flying around unchecked at MSNBC.

Compare it to say NPR or PBS News Hour or CBS News, which is mostly just the facts ma'am. It's not nearly as entertaining, which is the draw of box Fox News and MSNBC. People want drama and they want their worldviews reinforced. That's what you get from the cable pundits.

I enjoy some MSNBC shows, such as Maddow. I think she's fantastic. Brilliant. She also promotes liberal candidates very openly. I think Chris Hayes does some good reporting too. These are pundits, not journalists.
Some others on that network are just really full of it. It's infotainment, American style.

Joe Scarborough in the morning and Nichol Wallace in the afternoon are both republicans. Neither show is a token republican viewpoint.

The comparison was to Fox. There isn't a liberal comparison to Fox and Friends and Hannity etc. Same with radio and Limbaugh etc. The left just doesn't support the extreme. Meaning no money in it. Right wing media is not only influential, it's a huge money machine.
Posted by: billb
Date: November 06, 2018 01:25PM
He should have had Oprah and Obama up there with him too.

Voting for Democrats in midterms will bring higher taxes, higher prices and higher unemployment.
Nobody's got time for that.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 06, 2018 02:29PM
MSNBC spends a lot of time refuting the crap from Fox. They are NOT in the same category or league.
Date: November 06, 2018 02:49PM
Dennis S
MSNBC spends a lot of time refuting the crap from Fox. They are NOT in the same category or league.

They are absolutely in the same category, perhaps not in the same league. They have an agenda like fox - they want to show the liberal perspective and they do. They present facts that back their case, if facts exist that do not back their case, they will not present them. That is how they are like fox. I agree that Fox goes farther, MUCH farther.

But MSNBC has more in common with Fox and PBS Newshour.
Date: November 06, 2018 06:25PM
There is a huge difference between journalism and news shows. Journalism is about reporting the facts and circumstances. News shows are about discussion and opinions. There is nothing wrong with the latter as long as you understand the difference. I like hearing what Scarborough and Wallace have to say, ie their opinion, as it may make me see an issue from a different perspective. Same with Maddow. Facts do not always allow for perspective. Sometimes, particularly with Scarborough, I give a good eye roll. But the idea that these folks come anywhere near the crackpots on Fox is truly laughable. There is zero comparison. Trying to compare any cable news with journalism is apples and oranges.
Posted by: max
Date: November 06, 2018 10:34PM
Dennis S

Of course not,

you like the agitprop they are peddling,
goes down real easy with your Koolaide....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 07, 2018 12:46PM
Acer
The Party of Reason's greatest political heroes are entertainers.

Are you not entertained?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 211
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018