I haven't missed an election since 1972, since I was eligible to vote
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 06, 2018 03:38PM
Ta da!!!!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I haven't missed an election since 1972, since I was eligible to vote
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 06, 2018 04:04PM
That's fantastic Dennis! Way to be a citizen.

I've voted in every presidential contest since 1980 but have definitely missed a lot of midterms and primaries.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 06, 2018 04:11PM
Never missed voting in even a local election since 1980.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 06, 2018 04:35PM
I just came back from voting (very crowded). There were some folks voting who look like they cast their first ballots for Franklin Roosevelt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 04:36PM by Steve G..
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 06, 2018 04:39PM
Ditto ! I have not missed since 1978. National, local, primary. Well, there was one primary where it happened that there were NO candidates from the party I identified with at the time. That was annoying. So I registered as a member of the predominant party so I could at least have SOME choice. That's why the robocall databases are so confused by me...
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 06, 2018 05:37PM
There was an election I did not participate in, and I have regretted it ever since. Nor have I missed a general election, although I have likely missed several more primaries.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 06, 2018 05:43PM
I was watching the local news at noon and there was a woman on there that had just voted for the very first time. I was like WT? She was in tears.

Grateful11
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 06, 2018 05:54PM
Dennis S
Ta da!!!!

Good on you. I have missed a few midterms and primaries. I would have voted in every presidential election since I was first eligible except that when the time came to do so (also in 1972) I had been drafted into the army and was in basic training. They delivered my absentee ballot (that I diligently applied for because I was really looking forward to being able to vote) while my company was on overnight maneuvers - in a rain downpour. I was laying in my tiny pup tent in the dark more wet than dry when somebody handed me a drenched wad of pulpwood - my ballot. I suppose I might have been able to somehow still vote but I was feeling pretty overwhelmed at the time.

Incidentally, I turned 18 before the election in 1968 but wasn't old enough to vote then because the age requirement was 21 until 1971. That was part of the reason I was so jazzed to vote in 1972. I sort of feel like I got doubly cheated. sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 10:03PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 07, 2018 03:19AM
I’ve missed some non-competitive primaries but otherwise I’ve otherwise also voted in every election since 1972. My last solid Republican employer made sure I was gone from the state for the last few elections before I retired - which I had anticipated so I had voted absentee.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 296
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018