advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Midnight Special - Democrats pick-up at least 27 House seats, flip 7 Governor seats, but lose FL, hoping for a GA run off
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 07, 2018 03:02AM
Dems flip 26 seats, in the lead to flip 6 or 7 more. Gillum loses FL governor race, Abrams hoping provisional and absentee ballots will push the race into a run-off, but that might involve going to court (Latest count has Abeams down by ~100,000 votes, 50.6% to 48.4%). Democrats flip NV, IL, KS, MI, NM, ME and WI governor’s seats.

Republicans retain control of the Senate, adding 2 seats to their majority.

Cruz defeats Beto O’Rourke. King ekes out a victory in IA by less than 3,000 votes. Ocasio-Cortez wins in NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2018 03:05AM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Midnight Special - Democrats pick-up at least 27 House seats, flip 7 Governor seats, but lose FL, hoping for a GA run off
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 07, 2018 03:11AM
Advise and consent will now be easier. But no repeal of Obamacare.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: Midnight Special - Democrats pick-up at least 27 House seats, flip 7 Governor seats, but lose FL, hoping for a GA run off
Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 07, 2018 04:31AM
So... now we are going to have two years of nothing getting done, except for the court system going all right-wing reactionary.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 07, 2018 05:39AM
Sam3
So... now we are going to have two years of nothing getting done, except for the court system going all right-wing reactionary.

Actually, the first thing should be an infrastructure bill.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 07, 2018 05:54AM
Sam3

On the plus side, there are now some few checks on the president and his family's criminal acts.

Posted by: p8712
Date: November 07, 2018 06:15AM
DeSantis and Soctt won in FL, so I'm bummed - but at least the rest of the country did a bit better. I'm so very happy there is a check on Trump and the republicans now.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 07, 2018 06:22AM
....don't ask....don't tell.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Janit
Date: November 07, 2018 06:39AM
Sarcany
Sam3

On the plus side, there are now some few checks on the president and his family's criminal acts.

Gonna be a whole lot of House investigatin' going on!
Posted by: max
Date: November 07, 2018 08:04AM
That is how it is supposed to work, slowing down the idiocy of government....
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 07, 2018 08:40AM
Good for Abrams for not conceding the Georgia governor's race until vote counting is complete. Over 100K ballots were still not counted as of this morning and they seem to be mostly from heavily Democratic precincts.

Georgia is another state that has to be considered a purple battleground going forward.

I wish the media would stop using that red/blue map thing it is SO misleading and I think in the past has discouraged people from voting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018