advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump Immediately Issues threats to Dem Committee Members
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 07, 2018 09:45AM
and I'm sure he means it, too. It's war you want?

“If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!,” Trump wrote on his Twitter account Wednesday.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump Immediately Issues threats to Dem Committee Members
Posted by: p8712
Date: November 07, 2018 09:50AM
Posted by: beagledave
Date: November 07, 2018 09:50AM
The presidency is a junior high game for small hands.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 07, 2018 10:06AM
Do you think McConnell can feel when the president's tiny little hands grip in deeper and squeeze? Or is his first indication the bulging eyes?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 07, 2018 10:33AM
Steve G.

“If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!,” Trump wrote on his Twitter account Wednesday.

what I get from that quote is Trump saying that the GOP is better at wasting taxpayer money than Dems, and I can't argue with him there.

he's obviously scared

Sessions will resign in January and his replacement, who won't be a sitting Senator, will be easily confirmed, and will shut down Mueller. Congress will have to pick up the ball at that point.
Date: November 07, 2018 10:39AM
Lemon Drop
Steve G.

what I get from that quote is Trump saying that the GOP is better at wasting taxpayer money than Dems, and I can't argue with him there.

he's obviously scared

Sessions will resign in January and his replacement, who won't be a sitting Senator, will be easily confirmed, and will shut down Mueller. Congress will have to pick up the ball at that point.

Why would the president wait until the new Congress is basically seated before shutting down Mueller? There's a decent chance that the moment Adam Schiff takes the gavel on the Intelligence Committee he will subpoena all of Mueller's records in order to preserve them from annihilation.

rj
AKA
Date: November 07, 2018 10:56AM
rjmacs
Lemon Drop
Steve G.

he's obviously scared

Why would the president wait until the new Congress is basically seated before shutting down Mueller? There's a decent chance that the moment Adam Schiff takes the gavel on the Intelligence Committee he will subpoena all of Mueller's records in order to preserve them from annihilation.

I obviously have no idea what the timing will be, I'm guessing this because it's what Lindsay Graham said last night and he seems to be in the know about this issue.

Schiff can get all the info regardless of what Trump and his new AG do, right?

The new AG could try to stop the public from learning any more about Mueller's findings but the Dem House can push back against that if they need to. Although the manner of the inquiry may well be in jeopardy, the information itself is not going anywhere and Dems can pick up where Mueller leaves off, if that is what happens. That's my understanding anyway.
Date: November 07, 2018 11:20AM
Shouldn't Trump be worrying about the imminent border invasion by 500,000 Muslim terrorists?

WWI had lots of Trumpian beauty like this. Happy Anniversary!
Date: November 07, 2018 12:28PM
Lemon Drop

The new AG could try to stop the public from learning any more about Mueller's findings but the Dem House can push back against that if they need to. Although the manner of the inquiry may well be in jeopardy, the information itself is not going anywhere and Dems can pick up where Mueller leaves off, if that is what happens. That's my understanding anyway.

Not if the president orders the Justice Dept to shut down the investigation and issue its report the following day, subsequently ordering that all materials related to the investigation be destroyed. There's no law that says that the FBI or Mueller or Justice need to keep any of Mueller's documents once the investigation is over.

rj
AKA
Date: November 07, 2018 12:43PM
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

Not if the president orders the Justice Dept to shut down the investigation and issue its report the following day, subsequently ordering that all materials related to the investigation be destroyed. There's no law that says that the FBI or Mueller or Justice need to keep any of Mueller's documents once the investigation is over.

I think that alone would be enough for an impeachment vote in the House.

Trump's new AG probably will try to bring the investigation to a close but destroying the files would just make everyone involved look guilty. That seems far-fetched to me.
Date: November 07, 2018 01:03PM
Lemon Drop
rjmacs
Lemon Drop

I think that alone would be enough for an impeachment vote in the House.

Trump's new AG probably will try to bring the investigation to a close but destroying the files would just make everyone involved look guilty. That seems far-fetched to me.

Impeachment is a trap. If the Democrats fall for it, I will weep. There is zero, none, zip, nada, chance that the Senate will vote to convict, which makes impeachment a political loser for the Democrats.

I'm a little surprised that you have faith in some manner of decency or fear of reprisal coming from the White House on anything. My proposal sounds to me exactly like something that this administration would do, seeking cover from pundits and the Senate and GOP leadership to say that it's necessary in order to 'move the country forward.'

rj
AKA
Date: November 07, 2018 02:05PM
Lemon Drop
Sessions will resigned in January today and his acting replacement, Matthew Whitaker who won't be isn't a sitting Senator, will shut down Mueller. Congress will have to pick up the ball at that point.

Oopsie-poopsie.

rj
AKA
Posted by: Janit
Date: November 07, 2018 02:47PM
If I were Mueller, I would already have stored backup documentation in an undisclosed location. Or maybe two or three backups.

Anyone care to speculate on who is holding the backups?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2018 02:47PM by Janit.
Date: November 07, 2018 02:51PM
Janit
If I were Mueller, I would already have stored backup documentation in an undisclosed location. Or maybe two or three backups.

Mueller does everything 100% by the book. He doesn't leak, he doesn't make illegal copies, and he doesn't store documents offline illicitly. He's more straight-laced than Comey ever was.

He will never violate the law, even in the pursuit of justice.

He will not save us. He is not doing this to save you, or get rid of the president. It's just his job.

rj
AKA
Date: November 07, 2018 03:06PM
rjmacs
Janit

Mueller does everything 100% by the book. He doesn't leak, he doesn't make illegal copies, and he doesn't store documents offline illicitly. He's more straight-laced than Comey ever was.

He will not save us. He is not doing this to save you, or get rid of the president. It's just his job.

So the questions are 1) Is there a way to backup the records legally, and 2) would Mueller challenge an order to destroy the records.
Date: November 07, 2018 03:07PM
Janit

Date: November 07, 2018 03:10PM
Steve G.
Janit

Does he still have his security clearance?
Date: November 07, 2018 03:12PM
Janit
So the questions are 1) Is there a way to backup the records legally, and 2) would Mueller challenge an order to destroy the records.

1) No. The FBI is the sole custodian of these records, by law.

2) Not if the request follows the letter of the law, which it will.

rj
AKA
Date: November 07, 2018 04:03PM
rjmacs
Janit

Wouldn't people have said the same of Mark Felt?
Date: November 07, 2018 05:04PM
Janit
rjmacs
Janit

Wouldn't people have said the same of Mark Felt?

I don't know what Mark Felt's reputation was. Every report I have ever seen from anyone who knows, has worked with, and understands Robert Mueller says that he doesn't cheat, cut corners, or bend the law. Period.

rj
AKA
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 08, 2018 12:55AM
Janit

iCloud...

Posted by: Acer
Date: November 08, 2018 02:04PM
Maybe the Russians who found Hillary's emails can help, since they are innocent, of course, and are anxious to prove it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018