advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"These are the women who made history in this year's midterm elections"
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 07, 2018 02:53PM

After the midterm results are tallied, more than 100 members of Congress are expected to be women — a record.

Here are some of the women who made history this year.

[www.pri.org]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "These are the women who made history in this year's midterm elections"
Posted by: wave rider
Date: November 07, 2018 03:02PM
This made me happiest last night. Still holding some hope for Stacey Abrams too…

=wr=
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 07, 2018 04:18PM
wave rider
This made me happiest last night. Still holding some hope for Stacey Abrams too…

Same here! Even if she doesn't win, she has changed the course of history with this run.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 07, 2018 04:30PM
Y'know who has really impressed me... it's Tammy Duckworth. I rather stupidly assumed that she won for some kind of sympathy vote, but once I heard her talk - DAMN! She's a sharp one. Hope she stays a good long time.

Hopefully the women will continue this trend and take all governing power away from crazed men.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 08, 2018 01:03AM
May I introduce my local hero, Ilhan Omar:

Two years ago, when President Trump was still on the campaign trail, he told an audience during a rally at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport that Minnesota had “suffered enough” at the hands of Somali immigrants, who began moving there as refugees in the early 1990s.

...Trump’s assertion was met with confusion and anger in some parts of Minnesota, where tens of thousands of Somali refugees were relocated from their Horn of Africa homeland after its government collapsed in 1991 and civil war broke out. And on Tuesday, one of those refugees won a seat in Congress...

Born in the Somalian civil war, lived in a refugee camp 4 years, moved to an accepting Minnesota (that no, does not “suffer” from immigrants) over 20 years ago, and eventually slowly started in local politics. Well spoken, undeniably good looking, and utterly charming in person. Saw her on TV tonight, being asked what’s felt the most weird about the last few years.

“All the cameras!” she said.

emoticon_love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 296
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018