advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Extended mag Glock 45 and
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 08, 2018 08:49AM
Had a police history of disturbance/car accident. Legal weapon. A vet Marine.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 09:06AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Extended mag Glock 45 and
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 08, 2018 09:58AM
There ARE laws in place to control access to firearms by people who are a danger to themselves or others. But they have been damaged / removed by the NRA's minions.

There WERE laws to control large capacity magazines. Those were also destroyed by the NRA's minions.

Yes, I own guns. No, I don't feel a need for a semi automatic rifle with a large capacity magazine. No, I have never fired a gun in anger. I just don't understand the fascination people have with 'needing' to own enough weaponry to start a small war.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 08, 2018 09:58AM
NRA's first response from spokeswoman Dana Loesch

We don’t know anything about the perpetrator yet, including mental state or motive. We do have a serious problem with adjudicating mental fitness (follow-through) and a problem discussing it nationally without stereotyping those dealing with it.

And a brilliant response:

America has the same rate of mental illness as other high income countries. We play the same video games. We watch the same movies. We listen to the same music. What’s different about America is easy access to arsenals and ammo. This NRA gun saleswoman know that.

[twitter.com]
Posted by: beagledave
Date: November 08, 2018 10:15AM
How many people has the brown caravan killed?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 08, 2018 10:35AM
beagledave
How many people has the brown caravan killed?

According to Trump, they could have killed 100s of thousands when they invaded Mexico.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 08, 2018 12:22PM
cbelt3
Yes, I own guns.

Just curious; why, for what purpose; and why guns plural?
Date: November 08, 2018 12:53PM
DeusxMac
cbelt3
Yes, I own guns.

Just curious; why, for what purpose; and why guns plural?

I used to hunt with my father and grandfather, and go target shooting with my family. I was on the pistol team at college. I have a semi automatic .22 target pistol from those times (10 round magazine). A handgun my grandfather carried in WWI and WWII and later in NYC. He had a police officer's license, having been in charge of Civil Defense for half of Long Island in WWII. A handgun my father used for hunting (jackrabbits out West). Three small shotguns we used for quail hunting. My father's bolt action scoped deer rifle. I sold my father's .44 magnum handgun because I could not hold it.. my hands are too small. I sold it to a licensed sporting goods store.

My kids all know how to shoot each of these weapons, but aren't really interested. The are locked in a gun safe and also have trigger locks on them. Ammo is locked in a separate ammo box in the safe.

Different guns are designed for different purposes. If you hunt birds, for example, a shotgun is your weapon of choice.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 08, 2018 02:34PM
cbelt3
If you hunt birds, for example, a shotgun is your weapon of choice.

WRONG!

Date: November 08, 2018 04:06PM
Lux... HA !
Yeah, not much left of the boid after a 30mm HEAT round hits it.
I recall once quail hunting with my grandfather and father. We used 20 ga. shotguns with fine bird shot. I stepped into a covey and without thinking snapshot from the hip. Just wings were left. My grandfather laughed and had me carry them in my pockets for my 'dinner'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 296
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018