advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ironic or fate?
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 09, 2018 09:43AM
A young man that lived thru the Reno mass shooting was shot and killed in the latest in CA. His poor mom. Ccdy Coffman father just breaks my heart.

Do we need a gun draped in black emoji ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2018 09:43AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ironic or fate?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 09, 2018 09:47AM
.....saw his father on the news....it was just heartbreaking....he just broke down.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 09, 2018 09:50AM
The fact that we live in a nation where it's even possible that someone could be the victim of two mass shooting incidents within a lifetime is mind boggling.

Enough is enough. It's time to make a modern interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Pam
Date: November 09, 2018 09:59AM
That was the 307th mass shooting in the 311 days of 2018. A mass shooting is when 4 or more people are shot.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 09, 2018 10:53AM
Ironic ? It's a TRAGEDY. It's horrible. It's one seriously effed up country.

I worked with a young man in the 00's who was attending engineering school and working here nights. He had returned from a tour in Iraq as part of an Air Force security group, and was AF reserve. And one day he didn't come in.

A month or so later I saw him at work, moving kind of slowly. It turned out he had gone with some friends to a bar nearby for his 22nd birthday. The party turned into a fight. And someone pulled a gun. He was shot in the abdomen, and had spent a month recovering. And his comment ?

"I spent a damn year getting mortared every night, shot at every day. And never even got a scratch. And I get SHOT at my own damn birthday party a block from my damn house ! This is crazy !"
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 09, 2018 11:43AM
cbelt3
Ironic ? It's a TRAGEDY. It's horrible. It's one seriously effed up country.

cbelt3
I have a semi automatic .22 target pistol... A handgun my grandfather carried in WWI and WWII... A handgun my father used for hunting... Three small shotguns... My father's bolt action scoped deer rifle.

Posted by: Sam3
Date: November 14, 2018 07:03AM
Markintosh
The fact that we live in a nation where it's even possible that someone could be the victim of two mass shooting incidents within a lifetime is mind boggling.

Enough is enough. It's time to make a modern interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

Maybe a modern interpretation is not needed, going the other way, a strict Constitutional reading/interpretation would work as well. You know, not forgetting about the portion in the 2nd amendment that discusses "a well-regulated militia".

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The reasoning being that a state organized militia would keep federal government troops in check, in other words the states should be able to prevent the US military from taking them over in a time of crisis. Militias in those days were like the national guard, all state citizens were to be a part of a state's militia and have regular ongoing training, and therefore, the state wouldn't own guns or ammo, but the average citizen would be able to keep arms at home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 257
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018